Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the biggest carbon arrow supplier in the US? Carbon Express?
I would like to talk to someone in regards to a design that I have. I considered a patent but feel that it then becomes public and someone could copy it with a small change and call it their own.
I feel that I have an extremely marketable idea and would like to contact an arrow manufacturer in regards to a confidentiality agreement prior to presenting my idea.

So what are the big companies?

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
At this time I believe the ONLY manufacturing company of carbon arrows in the USA is EASTON. The others are all made in other countries, have a very good lawyer look over your "confidentiality agreement" and make sure it is worth the paper it is printed on before you go to the table.
Good luck and hope to see your idea a success. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
At this time I believe the ONLY manufacturing company of carbon arrows in the USA is EASTON. The others are all made in other countries, have a very good lawyer look over your "confidentiality agreement" and make sure it is worth the paper it is printed on before you go to the table.
Good luck and hope to see your idea a success. :cheers:
Exactly what he said...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is one response from an arrow company

This is in response to my request of a confidentiality agreement to discuss my idea.

Dear Aron:

Thank you for contacting XXXXX regarding your idea. As you stated, we do receive many offers to evaluate technology, ideas, inventions and concepts such as yours each year. Unfortunately, once they have spoken to us about their idea, many inventors feel that any similar product we launch later results directly from our conversations with them, even if we have previously come up with the same idea independently.

Of course, XXXXX is always interested in suggestions that might lead to new or improved products and processes. The ideas are often considered by the person submitting them to be of a proprietary nature and to have value. It is only prudent, therefore, in fairness to both the person making the suggestion and to XXXXX that they reach a prior understanding with respect to the basis on which XXXXX will receive and give consideration to the disclosure.

It is XXXXX’s policy to accept disclosures of ideas from outsiders only if the submitter has agreed to a written understanding that the disclosure is on a NON-CONFIDENTIAL BASIS. XXXXX is willing to accept the submission of your idea if you agree to the terms and conditions set forth below. As a result, the company will not review any materials from you until we have received a return copy of this letter signed by you. This agreement is in the interest of protecting the rights of both yourself and XXXXX.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

1. You indicate that you are the owner of an idea for archery equipment that you believe would be of interest to XXXXX. You also indicate that you would like XXXXX to consider your idea presumably for determining whether or not XXXXX would be interested in acquiring rights thereto. You acknowledge that neither XXXXX, nor any of its officers, directors, employees, or agents have made any offer, agreement or commitment in order to induce you to submit the materials.

2. You warrant that you are of legal age and have ownership or control over all proprietary rights in the submitted material.

3. No confidential relationship is to be established by the submission or implied from consideration of the submitted material, and the material is not to be considered submitted “in confidence”.

4. XXXXX does not undertake any obligation to maintain the idea or material submitted in secret.

5. XXXXX will give each submitted idea, suggestion or invention only such consideration as in the judgment of XXXXX it merits.

6. XXXXX does not, by accepting your disclosure, agree to pay you anything for your idea, suggestion or invention, and will have no obligation of any kind to you or anyone else owing or acquiring an interest in the information regarding any kind of information disclosed by XXXXX except for infringement, if any, by XXXXX, of any valid patent which might be obtained by you covering any of the information disclosed to it.

7. Neither acceptance nor consideration of the submitted material by XXXXX shall in any way impair its rights to contest the validity of any patent that might have been or may thereafter be issued on the subject matter there involved.

8. These conditions of submission may not be modified or waived except in writing by an officer of XXXXX.

After having read and understood the foregoing, please sign and date the completed duplicate copy of this letter in the spaces provided below and return the completed and signed duplicate copy to me with the written description of your idea, suggestion or invention, after which I will make arrangements to have your disclosure evaluated and will then let you know if XXXXX has any interest in it.

If I do not hear from you, we will assume that you are no longer interested in talking to us or that you have resolved to contact us again after a patent for your invention has issued.

In the meantime, we wish you continued success in your efforts.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Most all the major arrow companies are based in the U.S...some may do some manufacturing outside the country (including Easton), but the business operations of most are here...

Easton, Gold Tip, Carbon Express, PSE, Victory, Carbon Tech, etc, etc...all U.S. companies.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
not sure

but i think gold tip is still american made, had heard couple years back they were going to mexico, but never heard any more about it.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
but i think gold tip is still american made, had heard couple years back they were going to mexico, but never heard any more about it.
Mostly made in Mexico, but they are going to start making some arrows here in the near future according to reports. Now that the $ ain't worth much American workers are as cheap as Mexican workers......:cry: :confused:

Who is the biggest carbon arrow supplier in the US? Carbon Express?
I would like to talk to someone in regards to a design that I have. I considered a patent but feel that it then becomes public and someone could copy it with a small change and call it their own.
I feel that I have an extremely marketable idea and would like to contact an arrow manufacturer in regards to a confidentiality agreement prior to presenting my idea.

So what are the big companies?
I would say without a doubt that Easton/Beman is indeed the LARGEST, none of the other companies are even close, and they certainly have the lead in technological developments in the field.

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
Most all the major arrow companies are based in the U.S...some may do some manufacturing outside the country (including Easton), but the business operations of most are here...

Easton, Gold Tip, Carbon Express, PSE, Victory, Carbon Tech, etc, etc...all U.S. companies.
With the exception of Easton the others are made in some other country no matter where there office is..

Gold Tip has been made in mexico for many years now..

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm probably dead wrong, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that Victory actually manufactured a lot of arrows for the bigger "name" companies (ie Beman, Gold Tip, etc). I'm not saying they specifically make arrows for those companies (I'm just using those as examples).

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
I'm probably dead wrong, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that Victory actually manufactured a lot of arrows for the bigger "name" companies (ie Beman, Gold Tip, etc). I'm not saying they specifically make arrows for those companies (I'm just using those as examples).
They made Gold Tip arrows for a short time when GT could not keep up, that is where they learned how and started the birth of their own arrow business. Victory has always been manufactured in Mexico also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would retain a patent attorney to protect yourself and your idea. It only takes one good idea to retire on. Good luck.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well it actual seems as if things are starting to go into motion. IF it gets to the point of selling my idea, what would one expect to recieve for the idea providing it is something that the arrow company would want? I understand that it hard to guess without knowing the details, just looking for what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
well it actual seems as if things are starting to go into motion. IF it gets to the point of selling my idea, what would one expect to recieve for the idea providing it is something that the arrow company would want? I understand that it hard to guess without knowing the details, just looking for what everyone thinks.
Do you wan your cash now (at the time of sale)? Or do you want to gamble on potentially a lot more cash over a period of time? You might be able to work out a "royalty" type of deal, allowing you to receive a % of the sales.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts