Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NETXBowhunters
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running deep impacts through my spyder 34 but was thinking of going to a larger diameter arrow for 3d. The bow is shooting lights out as is. Should I use a different shaft?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Right now I'm using .380 diameter xcutters with my QAD. I'm using these for both indoor and 3d.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
used to shoot tripleX thru, but indoor. no issues with clearance, but won't use them for 3D.
use VAPs for that

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Running deep impacts through my spyder 34 but was thinking of going to a larger diameter arrow for 3d. The bow is shooting lights out as is. Should I use a different shaft?
If its shooting lights out why mess with it? Why do you want to go to a fat shaft? They can be hard to tune at times and at a distance can be effected by weather more. The choice is yours I use Black Eagle Challengers they are light enough that I can load up the FOC with 120 tips and still keep my overall arrow weight to around 345 grains

·
NETXBowhunters
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its shooting lights out why mess with it? Why do you want to go to a fat shaft? They can be hard to tune at times and at a distance can be effected by weather more. The choice is yours I use Black Eagle Challengers they are light enough that I can load up the FOC with 120 tips and still keep my overall arrow weight to around 345 grains
Yeah I'm gonna stick with the deep impacts. They shoot too well to fix something that ain't broke.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,233 Posts
Just for giggles I shot some BE Mags and GT xxx out of my E35 with a QAD and they shot fine but I had some clearance issues at brace with my 5" feathers and the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts