·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Lazer sights

I think they're illegal in most states. They certainly are in Iowa, as well they should be ! (my opinion)
Too many using technology as a substitute for hunting skills. Where's the challenge ? :sad:

·
I like big buffs!
4,291 Posts
What advantage are you looking to gain?

I've installed them on a lot of peoples bows-almost all of them took them off after awhile. They're heavy (VERY!), hard to adjust, harder to see through when compared to pin sights (you lose some clarity and light when looking through ANY glass lens), PLUS what are you going to do if your battery died because you forgot to turn it off? There is NO reference point then. :wink:

Or if the thing just wigs out and dies? I've seen a lot of the cheaper units just quit working for no reason.

Not to mention you see what? MAYBE one out of a hundred guys using these? People usually use (or NOT use) certain things for a reason........

I use a Halo Sight on my turkey gun, so I'm not totally against these-its just the technology isn't there for archery yet IMO. If they could make a heads up, flat, thin display with multiple 'dots' (or better yet, COLOR dots) then I think that would be cool.

Just trying to save you some headache and $$....and maybe a shot a nice animal. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Are you asking about a laser sight or a red dot? A laser sight projects a laser beam to the target and a illeagal in most states if not all.

I do use a red dot sight, although the dot appears to be on the target no light leaves the sight.

I shoot a Aim Point red dot and it is a little heavy.

I never worry about the battery running dead even if left on, the battery life is something like 55,000 hours so would last most of the season if left on and a quick glance at the sight will tell you if on or off.

I like it even if it is only one dot.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Don't use them myself so not sure laser or red dot but was just curious as to what people thought. I did notice Uncle Ted using one or the other the other night on TV and was kinda amazed that he did. They might be alright for 3-D but I don't think I would ever personally use one on a hunt. Then again I presume I should never say NEVER. sometimes comes back to bite ya in the butt :eek:
Thanks just had never known about them...... thanks again

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've got a Spot Hogg laser that mounts to my hogg it sight. You can aim with the pins or the laser. It isn't for hunting, though. It will sure show you a lot about bow torque. I would, however, like to try it out bowfishing. The laser should bend with the light taking some of the guess work out of aiming on a fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts