Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:usa2:Has anyone used both the Easy Eye and the Bow Plane Laser for tunning and if so which did you preffer?

·
Banned
7,286 Posts
Personally I think it is a waste of money, but, I know some people who swear by them.

I just eyeball then walkback tune and you just saved yourself some $$$$$.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I have owned both and the bow plane is better. You cannot with a EZE Eye line up a DXT,but you can with the bow plane. I ended up trading my eze eye for a second bow tuner and have two of them now. I got both used for a cheap price and work very well for all alignment. With the bow lazer you can even line up your sight too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great Tool

I've been using one for over a year and found it gives me a GREAT center shot when combined with a string level. I have set up many bows with it and then tested the results with paper tuning.. Every time.. bullet holes.. The final test for me is with a Broadhead (Slick Tricks standards or Magnums) and every time they perform like a field point.. I've gotten to the point now where I don't paper tune anymore. Rather.. I just jump to a BH test after centering with the laser.
I can't imagine tuning without it...

Here is a nice review:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tech...w.html#1684829

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use the Bow Plane Laser for center shot and setting 2nd axis on my sight. I find it to be a great tool.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a question about this bow plane. I do not understand how this tool works. If the laser light emanates from the rod which is attached (nocked) to the string, than what exactly does that get you?

For instance, it can be said that the laser will measure anything that is parallel to the string because it connects at two points to the string like a nocking point guide which ensures it is perfectly in line with the string. This "dual connection" ensures the vertical string orientation is dead on.

However, what does that have to do with the laser light that is emanating forward? What is it's point of reference? From a geometry point of view, what does this get you? To make any inference about the correct forward plane, you must compare how the light line compares to other references on the bow such as the limbs or cams, but that is not necessarily a valid assumption. Unless I am missing something, this tool really tells you nothing.

At least the laser tools that attach to the sight mount give you a way to verify both string plane and project that forward based on two verifiable axis' with the assumption that the sight mount area was perfectly parallel AND perpendicular (via the laser arm) to the plane of string travel and thus center shot which is not always a correct assumption on all bow designs.

Am I missing something here???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts