Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a lashing winch made into a EZ Green draw board.

I took off the large nuts on each side and welded the stops and handle to tighten things up and remove some of the slop.

I also cut off the "clicker" on the opposite side of the handle so that it is only on one side to make it a little easier and less noisy.

It draws smooth and with little effort on my 60lb bow. When drawing I push down on the "clicker" and when it get close let it off.

winch.JPG
IMG_0471.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0477.jpg

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for posting this, looks like a great cost effective option to the LCA or Archery Dezign, I've never looked for a lashing winch, but I think I recall seeing in a Northern Tool catalogue.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014...ng+winch+2&dpPl=1&dpID=51Q5UOuGEEL&ref=plSrch

For the strap in the pics, I had a 2” sling in my truck. It was a tad thick and would interfere with the post on the inside if it was too long.

Wall mart has a boat winch strap for about 7$. It is thinner and easier to manage and you don’t have to worry as much about it being cut to exact length. That is what I am using now.

Works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered Deer Hunter!
2,984 Posts
Very nice! What do you think your material costs were to make it?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
winch - $12
1" flat bar - $4
bolt for handle - $.60
plastic spacers - $1.20
nylon locking nut - $.25
boat strap - $7
hook - $2.00

total - $27.05

·
Registered Deer Hunter!
2,984 Posts
Thanks! Nicely done. My brother can weld and will be able to fabricate most of this for me.

I used to have an Archery Dezign drawboard (the first generation) worked good. Sold it and was thinking about buying the latest and greatest. But your idea might take me in that direction and save me some coin.

Can you post pics or video of it drawing the bow?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! Nicely done. My brother can weld and will be able to fabricate most of this for me.

I used to have an Archery Dezign drawboard (the first generation) worked good. Sold it and was thinking about buying the latest and greatest. But your idea might take me in that direction and save me some coin.

Can you post pics or video of it drawing the bow?
No video.

drawnbow.jpg

·
Registered
698 Posts
I made a draw board yesterday. I used the 1/2 metal pipe and base. When I put the ruler starting even with the front of the pipe or where it makes contact with the grip and get the bow to full draw and look where the string ends IE nocking point. The draw is about 1.5 inches shorter than expected. I did this for 2 different bows that I thought I knew the draw length for. Am I measuring wrong?

·
Registered
393 Posts
tagged, great idea, thanks

1 - 20 of 43 Posts