Archery Talk Forum banner

Last 3-D Bash of the Year/Exit 23, Greeneville, TN.

426 Views 7 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  DBiggers
Yep, its all over now, until Jan or Feb 2009, and in 7 more day's our Deer season opens up. :cheer2: :wav: Its time for tree hugg'in and arrow sling'in. :smile: Here's some pictures of my friends i shot with today, Big Dan Turner and his father Dan/Danny Turner Sr. and pictures of just some of the other people that showed up today for the shooting and fish fry. Toughest course i've ever shot, but we still had a blast. This was Papa Turner's very first 3-D shoot ever, sorry it had to be so tough. :faint: This wasn't the best course for a beginner to start off on :doh:. Its alright though, he did real well and is sure to return next season. Everybody have a "SAFE" and productive hunting season. :wink:

Note in the second picture of the javelina, "The Arrow Went Through the Tree" and still stuck in the 8 ring. :set1_rolf2:
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
More....

· Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
And some more...

Look at some of these pic's and note how we had to get down on our knees to make a bunch of these shots. :faint2:

· Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We are just about finished...

Note the one of me, "wearing the shirt with the Deer's on it" and see how far forward i had to lean to make this shot. Man this course was set up crazy, :loco: but fun. :cheers:

· Registered
5,302 Posts
Yes it was a blast and i cant wait till next year at exit 23. The guys was telling me that this winter they are setting a dozer and making even more lanes through the place:eek:. This is one of the best places i have ever shot its never set up the same way twice and you cant ask for a better group of guys. Like Danny said they had everything in the way there was some shots that a 12 was impossibe (someone last week tol them they had it set too easy) so they wanted to show him. In in my 4 guy group we killed 7 trees and screwed up 7 arrows doing so. I did talk to a good friend late yesterday evening to see how he done since i have turned him into victory/fob& accunock man and he shot 24 up:jaw: that was some awesome shooting. My favorite part of the whole day was the catfish i think i ate enough for everybody at the shoot and boy was it good. I think Danny held his own too.:wink: I really enjoyed shooting the 3d's this year ive met some new friends and had a great time and improved my shooting. Its now time to go after some live targets good luck to everyone this season. remember BUCKLE UP

· Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it was a blast and i cant wait till next year at exit 23. The guys was telling me that this winter they are setting a dozer and making even more lanes through the place:eek:. This is one of the best places i have ever shot its never set up the same way twice and you cant ask for a better group of guys. Like Danny said they had everything in the way there was some shots that a 12 was impossibe (someone last week tol them they had it set too easy) so they wanted to show him. In in my 4 guy group we killed 7 trees and screwed up 7 arrows doing so. I did talk to a good friend late yesterday evening to see how he done since i have turned him into victory/fob& accunock man and he shot 24 up:jaw: that was some awesome shooting. My favorite part of the whole day was the catfish i think i ate enough for everybody at the shoot and boy was it good. I think Danny held his own too.:wink: I really enjoyed shooting the 3d's this year ive met some new friends and had a great time and improved my shooting. Its now time to go after some live targets good luck to everyone this season. remember BUCKLE UP
:grin: Very well said Mark and yes i truely enjoyed more fish than i probally should have. Not to mention the diabetically challenging "strawberry cake" they served :drool: Dang near put me in a coma, :faint: oh but what a way to go. :ROFLMAO: Sorry i didn't get there in time to get some pic's of you and your crew out there shooting, but dang ya'll must get there early enough to jiggle the trees and shake the birds off the roost. :laugh: Hey you and i will have to get together and do some bow hunting through the week, when it opens. We've got a real descent spot in Greene County, just off exit 15 about 6 or 8 miles up hwy 340. The place does have one problem, while doing some, "first time scouting" out there, we found positive signs of :bear: "Bear" :bear: and the landowner said they been seeing one pretty regular :mg:. I'll pm you with all the details.

· Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ttt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.