Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to shooting my first 300 and the last arrow I shot a 4 for a 299. I almost completley missed the target. I was shaking so bad and the last one on the line with 3 arrows to shoot. I have to figure out a way to calm down or I will never get it. Any good suggestions to calm the nerves before a shot?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Frontal lobotomy?

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
One arrow at a time and don't keep score...let someone else do it. When I shot my first 300 I didn't even know I was on my last end.

To continue shooting 300's I started concentrating on my X count. Once I started REALLY trying to shoot an X, not just keep it in the white, my 300's just rolled in and my X count climbed. Now, when I walk up to the line I can't even conceive of shooting less than a 300 .. Shot lots of 298's and 299's before I got there.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Thats still an awsome score . :thumbs_up

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
Canusayhoyt said:
I was on my way to shooting my first 300 and the last arrow I shot a 4 for a 299. I almost completley missed the target. I was shaking so bad and the last one on the line with 3 arrows to shoot. I have to figure out a way to calm down or I will never get it. Any good suggestions to calm the nerves before a shot?
It took me over six years before I shot my first 300. Now that the first one is over they come a lot easier.

·
32,713 Posts
The highest I've shot is 296 but I imagine it is similar to golf. Tell yourself that it's your day and you are the best and it will come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts