Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a spot to hunt near my house. Extremely small, less than an acre but I hunted it today and had a buck within 7 yards. Unfortunately the deer walked right in front of my stand on one of the trees that I didn't trim and winded me and ran off. If it had taken 2 more steps it would have been dead. The neighbor has a bird feeder that he has a cam on although he doesn't hunt, he just likes seeing what's around him, he said he's seen deer there at only at dark like 2am and 5am. Nothing during legal shooting hours, so that makes me think I shouldn't hunt the morning at all, especially with how cold it is. It's supposed to be colder than -4 degrees. Or hunt the early afternoon hunt and evening hunt once it's warmed up some.

So, besides evenings, when should I hunt, morning (legal shooting to about 9am) or early afternoon (11am to 2pm)?

I'll also hunt evening but because of my schedule I can only hunt the morning hunt or early afternoon hunt, not both. Or should I skip both and just hunt the evening hunt?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would just be out evenings!

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
I saw a nice buck mid day in one field, then some does that same evening in the next field over. I also didn't see anything in either of these 2 fields the prior day out, but I saw both bucks and does in the evening in the field inbetween these 2. I did all day sits on both days, had great views of everything. So, just depends on what day you are there, just like any other day hunting. ENOUGH to drive you nutty! LOL

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have hunted mornings and evenings the last couple of weekends. I haven't seen any deer in the morning.
I would definitely put more time into the evenings if I were you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts