Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a good pic from last night 8-27-05. I've had this same buck, a button buck, 2 spotted fawns and their momma every early evening through the night on the Wildview Digi cam. I'm getting about 50 to 90 pics a night. This same buck has been visiting everynight for the last 5 or 6 nights and I expect him back again tonight :)

Best part of the story is I live in a small town, I'm actually in town right at the Village limits. There is a 100 acre woods right behind me. All my pics are coming less than 100 yards from my back door. There is a heavy trail they are traveling from a feeding to a bedding area and they have to stop off for a few hours and hit my mineral lick, apple pile, and peanut butter :)

What's this buck gonna score? This is the best straight on pic I have of him

Attachments

·
Registered
858 Posts
dont know

i dont know what it will score but nice deer

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is nice but I really have no idea how to score deer. I've killed a few bigger through the years but have never actually had one of my deer antlers measured.

Here's another neat pic of the buck, cool part is look under him and see the 2 raccoons eating apples :)

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Cool pics! :thumbs_up I can't see the apple the Racoons are eating. And oh, you need to turn on red eye function :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
should be around 115-120, doesnt have a lot of mass, and his tines arent super long, give him a year and he'll be a biggun, but if he's big for your area, run him through, good luck with whatever u do!!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really am having more fun capturing him on camera than I would if I ran a Slick Trick tipped Gold Tip through him :)

I just bought a nice video camera mount for my treestand and plan on doing a BUNCH of "hunting" with my video cam this fall. I'm really starting to get into the photo/video thing. I actually stopped at a nice camera shop today and did some talking to one of the salesman. I know point and click at this point. My digi cam is pretty basic, actually it is ancient at 1.3 megapixels Fuji but I just bought a new 4.0 Fuji and it should be here soon. I'm signing up for a digital cam class at our local college as a night class. I really want to learn how to take nice photos. Also been looking at a few mid grade 35mm cams but I think I'll stick to the digis for now. Alot cheaper to delete a bad digi pic LOL.

I don't think the Wildview cam has a red eye function. It is a pretty basic trail cam, but I like it ALOT better than my 35mm trail cam. This is the best 79 bucks I ever spent on something hunting related.

Clint

·
Registered
245 Posts
I agree around 115-120. Looks like an approximately 3.5 yr old buck. Give him another year and you've probably got yourself a very impressive 5x5 and a P/Y deer. He looks pretty symmetrical so hopefully next year he'll be same only with a couple extra points.

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,257 Posts
Right now, he scores about 105-110 but might grow a few more inches before losing velvet. Getting that time of year

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm working on getting my BUTT to St Louey, if I can scrape up the funds by the end of Oct. me, my Chevy 4x4, and my Pearson Venoms will be there :)
Which one you giving me first shot on, the one on the right LOL???????

86 pics last night, 18 of the 8 pointer. Man I need to get a cam with a time/date stamp to find out just when these deer are visiting.

Clint

1 - 13 of 13 Posts