Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southern Maryland has four bow shops. Three of which I consider pro shops. Fred's Sports, J and J Sports and 3Js.

Today we have narrowed down that field to one shop. 3 J's is now the last remaining pro shop in the area with a knowledgable staff and the right equipment to get it done.

Fred's sports is a awesome store with top of the line products for sale but they lost their main archery knowledge base when Dan Irwin departed earlier this month.

J and J sports who sells well priced ammo as well as an assortment of well priced hunting and fishing equipment has a bow tech but I have recently had a few experiences which would prevent me from referring archer their for work.

Lastly, 3Js has experienced staff and is the only archery only shop out of the three. They have invested in the top of the line bow equipment for top of the line bows. Moreover, if you ask them to do something they will do it quickly and precisely.

Tried all three and I recommend at this time archers head to 3Js. Be advised though they do have some screwy hours 5pm-7pm Tuesday thru Friday

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
i was out there for the ibo shoot last month, 3 j's seemed like a great place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When did Danny leave Fred's? I was in there yesterday talking to him.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starting working at a Electric Company today was his first day hit him up on hear and wish him luck.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When did Danny leave Fred's? I was in there yesterday talking to him.
They are a legit bow shop for sure. For the space they have its well utilized.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never used the other 2 but 3 J's is a great bunch of people.
www.60xcustomstrings.com
Danny hands down is the best arrow guy I have used. But now that he is gone I'll have to go to 3Js for all my work. Dan will still make arrows from his home but is limited due to time and equipment.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I just talked with Danny yesterday, and found out.. Your right, him and the guys at 3js are very good at what they do....

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep headed down to 3js today at 5pm to drop off a dozen arrows for the evolution I have a the shop.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Arrows getting tuned on this bow now

·
Registered
783 Posts
We were trying to get 60X's in Freds, and just found out this week that the place caught fire and lost everything....

Thats a shame for the folks at Freds..

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Danny Irwin? His number is changed and I cant remember his screen name here...

www.60xcustomstrings.com

·
Registered
783 Posts
Danny Irwin is an AT member, I just can't remember what his screen name is... If anyone sees him around SOMD ask him to call me... he changed his cell number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts