Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an opportunity to bowhunt illinois the second week of new year. Any sugestions. Worth going? Or are they mostly nocturnal and impossible to see ?

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Have an opportunity to bowhunt illinois the second week of new year. Any sugestions. Worth going? Or are they mostly nocturnal and impossible to see ?
Not true at all. If you can sit on food it could be excellent. I sat last year during the polar vortex and saw over 20 deer a night I just didn't have a mega buck show himself

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
find the food, dress warm get there early, nevermind the am sits, just get out early for the evening sits, and look for a front coming in

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
Cold weather and snow are pretty much a must for late season hunting over some grain, preferably standing beans..You also need to figure out how to get out of these evening spots without blowing the spot out every time you hunt, I arrange for a friend to drive right into the plot and run off the deer whenever possible. A coyote howler can work but not always!

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts
Getting in and out are the hardest things to doo to be successful. After three months of pressure and several days of the orange army chasing you around you get pretty nocturnal and easily spooked. It will be all about brutal cold weather and food sources.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts