Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for suggestions on some new late season layering. Just got back from hunt and am wanting to lessen the layers Im currently having to use for better mobility to draw bow easier. What’s everybody else using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Global warming is killing us in the south, in for less than 5 pant, 6 shirt and 4 socks!!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Best thing I use is a heat wrap on top of my first layer with 2 hand warmers in the 2 pockets. Also a muff with a warmer or 2 is a must

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
So its been cold here in the northeast. I hunted the others day for a 3 1/2 sit in greedy and. Air temp was 16 with 10 mph winds. For me the wind is the killer. I wore a medium weight cabelas mtp undergarments. I wore a thin pair fleece pants and a fleece mid weight jacket. Then my top layer was scentblocker alpha fleece pants and jacket. For me this top layer which isn't bulky is key. Its wind proof. Multiple light medium layers hold in the heat with extreme bulk. I use to wear big bulky heavyweight clothing. Is it warm yes but can't move. I use a fleece facemask and hat. Feet get liner sock a heavy wool and Hoffman pack boots. Stay nice and warm. Tried thermacell insoles with lighter boots and feet get cold my opinion they don't work for my needs. The jacket has chest handwarmer pockets each get heater pack and bow is hanging. Multiple layers is ticket even if not extra heavy.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I wear the Sitka Incinerator outfit with core heavyweight base layer bottoms and top also wear fanatic hoodie over that with a pair of fanatic gloves. I ear the heavy neck gator and the incinerator hat ! I unzip the leg zippers about half way and I pack the jacket in ! This outfit is made for the extreme cold and very little layering needed ! I sat all day sits for a week from before daylight until dark with the temps in the teens with a 10-15 mph wind and never got cold ! My feet got a little chilly as I was wearing 800 gram lacrosse alphaburly boots with a thin liner sock with a thick wool over the top !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Picked up a great deal on some first lite - sanctuary bibs, Woodbury jacket, unpronounceable puffy jacket, Merino baselayer, older down vest and tech fleece. Tested to at least 3.5 hours at minus 10 f and could sit longer if needed.

Nice trim sleeves so not too bully...and warm as heck. Sat out in Sub-Zero temps all last week to close out the season.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
In the extreme cold, I wear my Cabelas heavyweight fleece long underwear. The I have a woolrich turtleneck that goes over that. Then I have a fleece vest. My lower body gets the cabelas heavyweight long underwear and then a pair of under armor pants. My outer layer is from Day One Camouflage. The parka and the bibs. Insulated and lined with windstop. I can also add a think North Face fleece jacket if need be. I also have a nice fleece neckwarmer that stays in my pack.

My hands get a pair of midweight Manzella bowhunting gloves and I also use a handwarmer muff with some chemical handwarmers in it.

My feet get some Heat Holders socks and my trusty Sorel 1964 Premiums.

On my head is usually a reversible Under Armor hat (Orange on one side, camo on the other) or in the extreme cold, I have the insulated and windstop lined hat from Day One Camouflage as well.

Remember to carry most of your heavy stuff in to the woods with you so you don't work up a sweat. Put the heavy stuff on once you get in your stand and then zip up slowly as you start to cool off .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Use therma care wraps for therapy. Apply to skin underneath thermal layer. Your local pharmacy or wal-mart has them. Works like a champ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts