Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since October 1 I haven't been much a husband or father and while patience was abundant in the beginning, I sensed the natives around the house were getting restless so it was time to put one down and spend a little more time with the family. I've seen bigger bucks this season but I am happy and grateful to have this one in the freezer.

The temperature last Friday morning was 12 degrees - awfully cold for this flatlander. I settled in my stand around a hour before daylight and began seeing deer coming to the food plot around 8:00. From then on, not a hour passed without activity.

At 4:00, a buck came in and I decided to take him. After he turned broadside, I drew back and released. Once the Buzzcut traveled the 18 yards it took to meet him, the buck did the prettiest double-lung buck I've ever seen, then made a mad dash for 50 yards and fell over deader than a doornail.

Didn't waste much time putting him to good use...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Congrats on a nice buck and a great supper! My mouth is watering just looking at the pic

·
Registered
627 Posts
Dude, I am going to say you earned that one. 1 hour before daylight until 4 pm on a 12 degree day. Way to "Iron Butt" it.

I am hoping this front today will get them up and moving this afternoon. I will be in my tree.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Nice job on the buck.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,207 Posts
Congatulations, great buck! LOVE the 2nd picture! :thumb:

BTW: How do you like that new damper on your XT?

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congatulations, great buck! LOVE the 2nd picture! :thumb:

BTW: How do you like that new damper on your XT?
It's actually a S2 (good 'ol switchback with new name) that I got from Campo earlier this year. With the damper the bow is as dead in the hand as any I've ever shot.

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice buck, but you overcooked the steaks:wink:
LOL, I knew when I posted that picture that someone would comment on that! They weren't as bad as they looked, it was the camera flash making it look worse :wink:

Thanks for all the kind words guys

·
Powderhorn
1,062 Posts
Even 'over cooked' steaks are GREAT!!! Congrats! :darkbeer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts