Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t have a ton of time in this saddle yet but with the little time I do have I am blown away by the comfort. I get that saddle hunting is currently the CrossFit of the hunting community. However, I feel it’s for good reason after spending some full afternoons in this set up. Your ability to make a full 360 shooting set up is easier, you can keep yourself concealed behind a tree, there is nothing to clang your bow on, no need for an additional safety harness. Those are a couple of the pro’s, there are some cons as well. Currently the price to get into a full saddle set up is pretty steep, by the time you factor in ropes, steps, and platforms your looking at around $500 on the low end. It will take some practice getting into your set up for the first time. There are plenty of excellent YouTube videos available (and if you ask anyone who saddle hunts they will want to tell you about it)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don’t have a ton of time in this saddle yet but with the little time I do have I am blown away by the comfort. I get that saddle hunting is currently the CrossFit of the hunting community. However, I feel it’s for good reason after spending some full afternoons in this set up. Your ability to make a full 360 shooting set up is easier, you can keep yourself concealed behind a tree, there is nothing to clang your bow on, no need for an additional safety harness. Those are a couple of the pro’s, there are some cons as well. Currently the price to get into a full saddle set up is pretty steep, by the time you factor in ropes, steps, and platforms your looking at around $500 on the low end. It will take some practice getting into your set up for the first time. There are plenty of excellent YouTube videos available (and if you ask anyone who saddle hunts they will want to tell you about it)
Just bought my first saddle. Went with Latitude Method 2. I’d like to buy two of the Shikar Minis from you for my set up but i can’t reply in classifieds yet or PM you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts