Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Here is a thread I started about the lawsuit.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1073355&highlight=scent+lok+lawsuit

Here is one of the posts in that thread:

Here is some information that I found someone said about the case. I’m not sure if it is true or not.

Quote:
“Not to defend Scent Lok, I don't use their product, and I really don't know much about them as a company this post is the first time I ever looked at this, I thought I would point a couple things out. First the request to enjoin a class action lawsuit was denied in August. That actually helps Scent Lok in a couple ways. First, each plantiff will have to bring a seperate action with a different and unique set of case facts and request for damages. Each plantiff will seperately have to prove not only that the product was defective, was sold knowingly defective with intent to deceive, and that each plantiff had specific damages related specifically to their product.
Assuming that all these things could be proven the question becomes; what are the damages in the case. There are really two calculations, actual damages and puntative damages. Actual would be based on the cost of the Scent Lok product. Respondents counter would be that the cost of a scent lok product is relatively the same as another hunting garment and the plantiff did receive a usable hunting garmet. It would be up to a judge to decide the equity of that arguement but it ultimately will only be for a fairly small amount of money. The question becomes whether there is a substantial chance of receiving punatative damages. In that case the judge, (possibly jury) would decide if there was substantial enough evidence that the company operated in bad faith and wanted to punish them by awarding money. The risk that you have to take is whether your case, as a plaintiff, is strong enough that you will be awarded enough punative damages to cover your legal fees. Sometimes legal fees are awarded but it is never a sure bet and a plantiff is just as likely to lose and have to pay Scent Lok.
Second, on the topic of marketing claims, especially advertising slogans, it is really buyer beware.” Viator 12-2-09

·
Registered
201 Posts
they've proven that it takes like 10,000 degrees to reactivate carbon....maybe my dryer sucks but...it doesnt get that toasty

·
Registered
24,902 Posts
they've proven that it takes like 10,000 degrees to reactivate carbon....maybe my dryer sucks but...it doesnt get that toasty
can the cloth even survive that heat???

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
I am really considering a new market in magic wands.
If people will buy into this stuff....why not wands? :wink:

Amazing how the imagination can convince a person that the impossible is indeed possible. :embara:

What really amazes me is that all the information is out there (to prove that this stuff is bogus) and yet...those with no intelligence (*at all) pertaining to the issue, will stand firm in the defense of the hoax :confused:

·
Registered
268 Posts
scentlok

I do use scent lok and think the lawsuit is absolutely ridiculous. Just because some one said did were winded by deer using scent lok does not mean any thing. For scent lok to work you have to use it right, by washing it, keeping it in scent free container, getting dressed outside. You have to do all of it because scent lok does not work 100%, it helps.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
I do use scent lok and think the lawsuit is absolutely ridiculous. Just because some one said did were winded by deer using scent lok does not mean any thing. For scent lok to work you have to use it right, by washing it, keeping it in scent free container, getting dressed outside. You have to do all of it because scent lok does not work 100%, it helps.
Doyou even know anything about the carbon being used in these suits?

Sounds like you believe everything your told:confused:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I have to agree with hoytkiller here partly. Every one of those TV hunters that supposedly were getting winded in Scentlok suits I have seen them get dressed get in a truck or bad boy buggie and go hunting scentlok is supposed to keep scents inside the suit cant help smells you get on the outside. Also none of these people and very few of any hunters use the total body lock which consists of gloves, boots, suit, and headcovering. So if you dont cover your head which is where most scent comes from how do you expect not to get winded. NOW I don not believe that Scentlok should be claiming that their suits cover 100% of your scent 100% of the time. If they were honest they would say if used properly this will significantly decrease your chance of being winded by deer if they did this they probably would not be in this situation.

I use scentlok and dont get winded very often but when I did not have scentlok I did not get winded much then either because i take all the precautions to make sure I have no scent on my clothing or on me I cant say that I get winded any less with scentlok on but it gives me that slight more confidence even if it does not work....JMHO

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I am really considering a new market in magic wands.
If people will buy into this stuff....why not wands? :wink:

Amazing how the imagination can convince a person that the impossible is indeed possible. :embara:

What really amazes me is that all the information is out there (to prove that this stuff is bogus) and yet...those with no intelligence (*at all) pertaining to the issue, will stand firm in the defense of the hoax :confused:
Butternut I have not tried your line of scents but Im sure they are quality. However how would you feel if I started a lawsuit against scent manufacturers becouse a scientist said they didn't work as advertised? Could scents not be considered a MAJIC WAND? In my opinion this lawsuit if successful will make a few greedy lawyers money maybe put Scent Lock out of business and will help hunters in no way.JMO:darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Is there that great of a difference between scent lok and scent blocker? I'm thinking carbon is carbon and that being said, why no scent blocker law suits?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
You believers don't get it. The lawsuit is not about whether or not activated carbon adsorbs odor molecules; it does.

The lawsuit is all about the regeneration issue which has been proven to be a false claim,; thus the manufacturers have mislead the public and are guilty of fraud.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
totally agree

I have to agree with hoytkiller here partly. Every one of those TV hunters that supposedly were getting winded in Scentlok suits I have seen them get dressed get in a truck or bad boy buggie and go hunting scentlok is supposed to keep scents inside the suit cant help smells you get on the outside. Also none of these people and very few of any hunters use the total body lock which consists of gloves, boots, suit, and headcovering. So if you dont cover your head which is where most scent comes from how do you expect not to get winded. NOW I don not believe that Scentlok should be claiming that their suits cover 100% of your scent 100% of the time. If they were honest they would say if used properly this will significantly decrease your chance of being winded by deer if they did this they probably would not be in this situation.

I use scentlok and dont get winded very often but when I did not have scentlok I did not get winded much then either because i take all the precautions to make sure I have no scent on my clothing or on me I cant say that I get winded any less with scentlok on but it gives me that slight more confidence even if it does not work....JMHO
i like my scent lok, and i have had deer within 3 ft of me, and did not wind me. i also like the material it is quiet and soft, and it also wicks away moisture nicely. and dries quickly. and are warm also. so i would not knock scent lok. till it not working for me. and if you watch your lee and tiffiney shows they were not wearin the head gear either.

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
You believers don't get it. The lawsuit is not about whether or not activated carbon adsorbs odor molecules; it does.

The lawsuit is all about the regeneration issue which has been proven to be a false claim,; thus the manufacturers have mislead the public and are guilty of fraud.
Actually, although these suits can NOT work to any significant degree due to the inability to regenerate them..........

.....this suit is not really about that. This suit is about a sad little man who is acting like a woman scorned.

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
i like my scent lok, and i have had deer within 3 ft of me, and did not wind me. i also like the material it is quiet and soft, and it also wicks away moisture nicely. and dries quickly. and are warm also. so i would not knock scent lok. till it not working for me. and if you watch your lee and tiffiney shows they were not wearin the head gear either.
http://www.snotr.com/video/2772

are they wearing scent crok?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Actually, although these suits can NOT work to any significant degree due to the inability to regenerate them..........

.....this suit is not really about that. This suit is about a sad little man who is acting like a woman scorned.
You seem to always know the inside scoop. :wink: Well were waiting whats it about? :noidea:We want details.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts

I was thinking of the other lawsuit where Cabelas and other retailers were also listed with the manufacturers for fraud.

It was here where the regeneration of the AC was an issue.

So how many lawsuits have there been now?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts