Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone use to layer for cold weather(I am talking about 30 degree and below.) Less bulky the better and needs to breath to. O ya money's tight so the less epensive brand new things I have to buy is better. I have Cold Gear that is my base layer. I figured I needed some type of good windblocking layer next. What does everyone else use for these kind of temperatures? Thanks

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I wear UA all-season gear as my base, then I wear a long sleeve cotton shirt, then (most importantly) I wear a turtleneck to keep my neck warm and to block the wind. Then I have my coat as my final layer. If it is really cold I will put my insulated liner in my coat as well.

·
Ad Meliora
17,252 Posts
If money is tight....man you wasted good cash on Cold Gear.

Middle layers windproof? What purpose does that serve? I woud want windproof outerwear....preferably water resistant.

Fleece is a great middle layer....a vest is good for when it is not bitter, a jacket/shirt when it is colder.

Most overlooked item? Sweated feet. Take pair of socks to change into if feet will sweat on walk in...will keep you on stand much longer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most overlooked item? Sweated feet. Take pair of socks to change into if feet will sweat on walk in...will keep you on stand much longer.[/QUOTE]

My feet are my biggest problem, I found that a polyester/nylon (moisture wicking layer) sock under my wool socks work the best for me. But my feet sweat just sitting still even if they are cold.:confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
ON stand...lightweight polypro as base, followed by heavy military polypro, fleece layer if needed, followed by good insulated coveralls. Fleece baclava w/wool scarf around neck. Insulated cap on top. arctic shield or boot blankets for the feet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts