Archery Talk Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Treetop Assassins
589 Posts
OMG... You seriously are kidding aren't you?? Please say you are? His whole show is about: 1) pushing the FirstLite "retail family" (ever notice how nearly everybody he hunts with shows up with some first lite stuff?? 2) pushes his books

Of ALL the shows that sold out ME is the first and biggest. Yes he is very subtle about it - he is not stopping in the middle of a hunt and whipping out FL new gear that has never been opened and suddenly doing an infomercial - BUT HE IS SELLING.

Again for all you who are still having your bromance with ME and Steve and are going to be drive by haters commenting on this... I have nothing against Steve, ME or his business. In fact, I applaud SR for building a great brand, while delivering quality content (mostly). But you can not seriously say he has sold out. If you are, then clearly you have no idea about covert manipulation and sales techniques - which ME/FL/SR are great at.
These are facts. He's just more savvy than the Drury's and Lakosky's of the world to how endorsements have evolved to be more subtle.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Don't watch, don't listen, don't care. I like reading hunting mags tho.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I'm not what you'd call a fan but that meateater show is one of the few that I can stand to watch because I never see him pushing any gear.I don't know.Maybe I missed those episodes as I only watch it occasionally.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts