Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there know what LCA uses for there electric motor? I thought about a low speed drilled.. but i dont know! Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
293 Posts
To get it to go slow they have to run a motor thru a gear box to reduce the rpm's.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So should I go with a high torque, low speed electric motor then buy a reduced speed gear box? Were could I get a hold of both of these? Or is there a type anyone can suggest! Thanks

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
So should I go with a high torque, low speed electric motor then buy a reduced speed gear box? Were could I get a hold of both of these? Or is there a type anyone can suggest! Thanks
McMaster dot com??? (has tons of stuff for good prices and ship really fast)

Grainger (be prepared to spend money)

·
Registered
966 Posts
nope

PHP:
Its called a linear actuator. google that and you can figure out the rest.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jaydub i like the idea of that i believe thats what im going to go with eventually! i built a inline press just wanted to know how LCA does it so later on i can make my press a electric press! very neat though! huaco, Thanks for the idea but spending 200-400$ for a reduction gear box was a little much for me when you can get a linear actuator as low as 100-200$ thanks yall! I really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
411 Posts
stepper motors or servos. Just look at some of the home brewed cnc routers on youtube. Very slow moving with gobs of torque, or super fast. Check em out. With a stepper it would be easy to add a sprocket and still keep it manual if you wanted to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts