Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would not worry about lead I just had my blood checked for lead it was normal

I have been reloading about 18 years I have been casting for the last 10 years

I am not very careful when I cast I don’t were gloves I smoke when I cast I even eat when casting I cast in a small room with only one little window not very good ventilation

If I don’t have lead poisoning by now I will never get it

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I don't usually eat venison that's been shot multiple times.One freshly planted bullet does the trick,removed within hours of placement no poisoning:)
The doctor(Quack) should have been a lawyer cuz he's full of crap.

My dogs been full of lead(birdshot) for years ,he likes to chase horses:confused:
I'd eat him if I had to :hungry:
View attachment 377053

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thoughts exactly guys! I would have been dead a long time ago from this. I got to thinking-what about game birds? There must be trace amounts in there too. Hmmmm....thinking as I eat some venison jerky!!

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
I been eaten venison since I was old enough to chew it w/ two teeth.

I just dont know guys , I just dont know.

Crazy Wolf.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I grew up on venison, and have eaten it now for 40 some years, there was a time that is all we ate. As far as I can tell it hasn't effected me at all. I grew up on venison, and have eaten it now for 40 some years, there was a time that is all we ate. As far as I can tell it hasn't effected me at all. I grew up on venison, and have eaten it now for 40 some years, there was a time that is all we ate. As far as I can tell it hasn't effected me at all. I grew up on venison, and have eaten it now for 40 some years, there was a time that is all we ate. As far as I can tell it hasn't effected me at all.

·
Registered
431 Posts
effect

I grew up on venison, and have eaten it now for 40 some years, there was a time that is all we ate. As far as I can tell it hasn't effected me at all. I grew up on venison, and have eaten it now for 40 some years, there was a time that is all we ate. As far as I can tell it hasn't effected me at all. I grew up on venison, and have eaten it now for 40 some years, there was a time that is all we ate. As far as I can tell it hasn't effected me at all. I grew up on venison, and have eaten it now for 40 some years, there was a time that is all we ate. As far as I can tell it hasn't effected me at all.

I can't see where it has affected you either.

·
12,014 Posts
I will take my chances with lead in my game animals I eat vs. the antibiotics and other crap that comes in all the food we buy at the store any day.

Thats just me though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The next target of the antis. Ban all lead in ammunition. Just happened in CA.

·
NAASP
14,539 Posts
Exactly!

I will take my chances with lead in my game animals I eat vs. the antibiotics and other crap that comes in all the food we buy at the store any day.

Thats just me though.
And so far, lead hasn't affected me either.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
The next target of the antis. Ban all lead in ammunition. Just happened in CA.
And if you do a little research on it, it was banned based on false assumptions. Been through this argument a few times.....

LEAD in a deer is going to be SOLID lead, as in bullet particles, and is VERY HARD for your body to absorb, thus very UNLIKELY to ever be cause for any harm other than a rather crunchy bit of meat. The GREEN-PEACERS in California went wild with an assumption that LEAD from bullets was killing their beloved, and VERY STUPID, Condors. Well, during a 15 or so year study, more Condors died from "crashing into 'power towers,' than from lead poisoning," and one of those that died from lead poisoning had ingested a wheel weight used for balancing tires, another had surgery to remove a bottle cap from its gizzard, etc. Like I said, been through this argument before.....:zip:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts