Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year my LR digital took over 200 pics for me. At the end of the season I was having power problems so I sent it back to Mississippi for work. This year I have noticed a lot less activity on my camera.

I have moved it around thinking it was in the wrong spots with little success.

In the last few weeks I put out apples to attract deer thinking I may get more photos.The apples have had activity and no pics of deer at the apple pile. When I have checked the camera I have noticed it does not take my photo upon approach.

I have the distance sensitivity set as high as it will go and have noticed that of the few photos I have got the deer were out there.

My question is this:

If the sensitivity is set too far out will the sensor ignore the closer objects like me and the deer at the apple pile which is about ten feet away?

Just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Patriot, I don't own one of the Leaf River cameras but I have several others. I can tell you that when the sensitivity is set to high, on any of these cameras, it should NOT ignore ANYTHING within the range of the sensor.

I am sure you know this but it has been very hot lately and that will reduce the range of your sensor as well. All that said though, it sounds like your sensor is certainly not working properly. I'd call Leaf River and ask them if it were mine. Good Luck

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the camera Saturday after decreaseing the sensitivity and there were a few more pictures on it including a couple of me putting out apples a couple days previous. It seems as if the sensitivity may have been the problem as the sensor is working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts