Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what some of your clubs are charging for league fees. Do you get any discounts for multiple family members? Our club currently is charging $5 per night per shooter, with no discounts.

There is virtually no youth involvement:( as far as leagues go in our club,( my 2 youths are the only ones) and I am thinking that the reason is that it is tooexpensive for an entire family to shoot our leagues. Costs me (and my 2 young sons) $60 for membership, $180 for indoor leagues, and $150 for outdoor leagues.:mg: It would cost an additional $195 to shoot our new 3-D league.

I am an officer of the club, and would just like to get some feedback on what other clubs are charging, and with what type(s) of discounts so I can motion on the appropriate changes our club needs to take to get more youth/family involvement.

Thanks for any input.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
Just got back from the one I shoot at. It's 10 dollars a night...no sign up, no money if you miss, just show up and shoot. Sometimes I see some teens shooting, but mostly it's adults. It's pretty laid back and lots of fun.

PS. It never stops...I don't know how long each one lasts, but when one stops, the next one begins the next week...year round.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
$40 yearly and no fees to shoot indoors. $7 for 3D shoots / $10 for non members. Indoor winter league was $6 per week for 12 weeks. Great club to be a member of. Great people to be around. Iroquois Archery Club in Rensselear, In.

·
Registered
58 Posts
WI 3-D archery league

Costs $8/members or $10/non-members per week of 14 week summer league. $10 sounds like a lot until you think about how much it costs to go see a movie now. $12-16 without popcorn.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
My club has a youth night during the winter for $2 per shooter. End of season prizes are a pizza party.

I agree the price has to be reasonable. But if it's free, it won't be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
The league I shoot in is $10 weekly, no charge for missed weeks. Shoot runs 8 weeks and you can shoot Wed, or Thur whatever best for you. 3D match I shoot at is the 3rd Saturday of every month. Starts Jan and finishes in July, cost $15.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys everyone. Just to clarify, I think that our league fees are very resonalble, for 1 shooter. My primary concern is the # of family memberships we sell, vs. the # of familys I see participating in our leagues. Only 1 husband/wife and myself with my 2 boys. Just gets too expensive for most people imo.

OUr club offers single memberships for 60/year and family memberships for $75 per year. It would be only fair imo to offer "family league fees" as well, say $60 for 12 week league for family member 1, $40 for family member 2, and $20 for any additional family member.

Any other clubs offering something like this?

·
Registered
578 Posts
$12 per night, no sign up fee. My and my two boys shoot in a league and I pay $10 each per night for that league and then and additional $12 for myself for the other league I shoot in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts