Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey girls!!!

I want to start shooting in some leagues or enter into some competitions this year. However, I do not know what all is out there or what they involve. I read the names of the leagues but they mean nothing to me. I need some help here so I can join something and actually know what I am getting myself into. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Camo lady,
I love my leagues and tournaments! I shoot a 5-spot 300 league. That's the target with 5 blue spots on it. If your arrow is in the center white of the target it's 5 pts. If you're in the blue that's 4 pts. It takes 60 arrows to get to 300. The X doesn't count as a point but it's fun and challenging to get your X count as high as possible.

I've met many nice people doing leagues and am lucky to have a couple other gals in there too. I have shot tournaments where I'm the only woman and have never had any issues. I actually feel most guys go out of their way to make me feel comfortable and relaxed. My husbands a big guy so maybe that helps too :) just teasing. I'm up here in the northland so we only have the option to be inside shooting in the winter!

I say go for it and have a blast!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts