Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watch this video:

Following this video there will be six or more posts claiming the Nite Hawk peep cuts bowstrings. These post follow any thread that mentions the Nite Hawk peep. I question weather the people making the post have any experience with the peep. Assuming they do I am positive their experience is years old and that they have no recent experience with the peep. Since these post have appeared we have extended our deburring time. Because a few shops may have failed to read the tie-in instruction we have added a warning to our instructions.

This is a review from here on AT.
“Have you ever heard the saying that big things come in small packages? Nite Hawk
Archery has a peep sight that has tightened my groups dramatically and has almost
eliminated the occasional miss that some of us have. If you haven't seen one
before your initial impression might be similiar to mine... Gimmick! I am here to
tell you that I was completely taken back by this peep and how it works. The
website, www.nitehawkarchery.com has a video that explains light diffraction and
how it affects your vision when aiming. I am using a #3 hunter/3d peep.The first thing I noticed right away was how clear my sight picture was even at low light conditions. This was a suprise to me because when I saw the way
it was cut out I expected a very small sight picture. I was definetly in for a
shock when I saw a large, well lit view of my pins and more. My 20 yard group
tightened up slightly but beyond that was where I really saw a big difference. I
went from a 3 to 4 inch group at 30 yards to a 1 to 2 inch. I can now stack
arrows at any distance up to 50 yards. With archery becoming more and more expensive it sure is nice to gain so much accuracy for less than $20. The best thing is if you don't have the same results as I did you can return it for your money back. Give this little gem a try and you will be
glad you did!”

http://archerytalk.com/vb/reviews/s...te-hawk-archery-3-peep-sight-hunter-3d&cat=68

If you have any questions about the peep please message me.

Remember on other peep dares promise you greater accuracy, because no other peep can provide greater accuracy.

· Registered
8,091 Posts
LOL... saying that round sight apertures are ineffective because they are "17th century technology" is like saying the wheel is ineffective today because it was invented before the birth of christ. Yes it's true that both were discovered/invented a very long time ago, but that does not mean the "old technology" is less useful today than when it was first discovered.

BTW, the interwebs says that light diffraction is also "17th Century technology", not "21st Century technology" hahaha

----
you can now return to your regularly scheduled infomercial
-----

· Registered
11,913 Posts
Yes, the surest way to greater accuracy is called good form. Otherwise I could buy your peep and go to Vegas and win $50,000 LOL

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL... saying that round sight apertures are ineffective because they are "17th century technology" is like saying the wheel is ineffective today because it was invented before the birth of christ. Yes it's true that both were discovered/invented a very long time ago, but that does not mean the "old technology" is less useful today than when it was first discovered.

BTW, the interwebs says that light diffraction is also "17th Century technology", not "21st Century technology" hahaha

----
you can now return to your regularly scheduled infomercial
-----
I am not saying the round holed peep is less effective then it was 400 years ago, I have shown you the there is a more effective peep today because it eliminates light diffraction from it peep hole. Please watch the video again.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or hawking a press that no bow company will approve to use on their bows. Nothing like looking through a key hole in low light!
Most of the bow manufactures who approve presses have approved the Nite Hawk press. But this thread is about how to improve your accuracy by eliminating light diffraction.

I know you hate Nite Hawk but please stay on topic.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the surest way to greater accuracy is called good form. Otherwise I could buy your peep and go to Vegas and win $50,000 LOL
You need to watch the video again. If your shooting well but want to shoot better, go to www.nitehawkarchery.com and get a Nite Hawk peep sight. The science proves you will increase your accuracy.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting concept. What is the main claim you make with the peep? I understand the whole light thing but is the goal to make a more lit or brighter peep opening?
The goal is to give you a sight picture that never changes. When your peep is defined by light diffraction it is dependent on light intensity and direction. In other words the peep holes center will change as the light changes. In the video we talked about changes in light intensity and how the change increased and deceases the diffraction thus the center of the peep hole. The Nite Hawk peep free of diffraction thus always the same. Those who shoot the peep soon learn they never need to center their eye on the peep because being consistent it trains your eye to always center on the peep.

As every body knows to be accurate you must be consistent. That is what the Nite Hawk peep provides. The peep is clear for the same reasons, but the consistency increases your accuracy.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can see fine. Only thing is , I don’t see how this will steady by float , which is what would improve my accuracy.
There ae two reasons our pin will not sta on target. One too much sugar and caffeine. The second is your are trying to aim.
If you pin floats around a bit do not be overly concerned as long as you are not trying to force the pin to settle down. To be successful in archery you must relax. If you relax your mussels will not fight each other and your form will repeat. If your are tensed up you will fight yourself.

The Nite Hawk peep would help you, but if you do not stop trying to hold the pin on the target and drinking the caffeine and sugar, nothing is going to help you. But if you solve those two problems you too would enjoy the fun of clipping nocks.

· Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like it .It should make centering pin in peep easier.
You hit the nail right on the head.

The fact is because the peep is always consistent your anchor will become rock solid. When you draw to anchor the peep will be perfectly centered on your eye. You get on target faster and shoot more relaxed. All these things are good.

· Back Yard Champion
35,942 Posts
Wish I had copied the new peep Hamskea is introducing. Outside like a normal peep, but steps down going to the opening. Trying to rid light diffraction?

Coffee and sugar. The good and the evil. Stay with what is normal for you. One gets use to such and should maintain such. Oh yeah, caffeine is something of a drug. Don't have it in your system and nervousness and headaches can occur. Sugar, too much isn't good. Not enough and nervousness and shakes can occur and really low one can pass out. Those who have Diabetes know this all too well.

· Back Yard Champion
35,942 Posts
Oh boy...here we go again.
Ain't never stopped. Nope, not a peep for everyone. Don't like, don't use it. Cost? I already noted 3 that cost as much and more. The newest Hamskea is to be released at the Show and rumored cost is as much and maybe more. Just a peep, not interchangeable orifices.

· Registered
1,168 Posts
Most of the bow manufactures who approve presses have approved the Nite Hawk press. But this thread is about how to improve your accuracy by eliminating light diffraction.

I know you hate Nite Hawk but please stay on topic.
I like the look of your press, which companies is it approved with? I’m currently shooting xpedition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.