Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the local archery shop to get some arrows cut down and they had a couple Daggers hanging there. Picked one up and commented to the employee about how nice and compact they were, his comment was "Yea, they designed them that way so you can shoot out of a truck window". I paid for my arrows and walked out shaking my head.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
that does it,,,,,,hunlee has to have a Dagger now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunlee

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
You saw there is still no shortage of smart-A's

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wondering about the price,was it priced full MSRP or cheaper?
I didn't see a price on it and wasn't about to ask after his comment. They had a MXB-320 that had a $659 price tag, it had the Basic package w/ 3X32 Hawke scope, quiver, and 3 arrows for that price. I'm guessing they only carry them because Mathews makes them lol.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Not true!! if it was it would have been called the Pennsylvania Special! :wink:

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
And Mathews thinks that THAT dealer is more qualified to sell their bows than I am....gotta tell ya..the more I learn about Mathews the happier I am that I sell every brand but...
Wyvern

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Mine was $799 for the Dagger and $250 for the Pro Hunter variable speed Hawke scope package. This baby shoots great and accurate as He**

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
And Mathews thinks that THAT dealer is more qualified to sell their bows than I am....gotta tell ya..the more I learn about Mathews the happier I am that I sell every brand but...
Wyvern
Yep that's why I'll never own anything Mathews again.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
They have one hell of a following. I guess success has its quirks, huh?:)

·
Crossbow Broke
9,861 Posts
I'm sure that comment would make Mathew's head spin. Quirky or not, they don't condone that.

Dave I agree. Not letting you carry the Mission is insane

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Talking to a local shop owner, that also does not sell Mathews, I was told that Mathews requires on site repair service and a commitment to sell a minimum number of bows, both verts and crossbows. Apparently the distance between competing shops is also an issue. Dave, what are the reasons they used to deny you?

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Problem is they can't control their dealer's employees. Not surprising. It is what it is so those that let politics get in the way with what they buy, you have lots of choices. I think they should sell to dealers like Wyvern and Mainstreet ( if they wanted to sell that brand) but I don't see it happening anytime soon. After all, they pulled out of the ATA shows and set up their own annual show which, from what I hear, is doing great with attendance...unlike the dwindling ATA participation. I guess lots of manufacturers would love to have that clout in the market. As a consumer, I don't waste my time worrying about how they sell but focus on the product they sell.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Wyvern
Yer dealin wid a Mo. Mission line Dealer. Mo. is as bad or worse than Wis. was about crossbows. I had to go to Ark. Dealer to even shoot a Mission. The Dealers here don't want the crossbows but are forced to have them.I have 2 Dealers & they didn't want to even talk to me about the 320 or Dagger, i went out of state.

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
There's a shop 30 mins from the house. That sales most if not all the big names. They sale according to them more mission crossbows. And experience the lest amount of returned bows. Matter of fact last time I ask about returned crossbows. I was told never see or hear from guys that buy a mission crossbow. So they must be holding up good. When I ask the same question of the shop that's 10 mins from the house. I was told never had one come back.
I won't go into the ones that were well less than perfect :).
I had a IMO bad Mathews dealer for years and it stopped me from shooting a good bow. So I shot bowtechs. But that changed and he was replaced. Word gets around.

I do agree Dave should be a Matthews dealer unless they have a policy of no internet sales. But just likes been said over and over it's the dealer that makes your experience good or bad. Just like if your going to buy a bowtech better get it off Dave.
Matthews and bowtech have there rules. Like them or not the sale bows.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
I am in between two Mathews dealers, neither of which want to sell crossbows (one has a sign in his range that says crossbows are not allowed because they are "dangerous"). That and their no-internet deal kills it too. So, since they have mostly vertical only dealers and if you want a Mathews bow you have to go to your local dealer even if he thinks crossbows are "not bows" or are "dangerous" you are forced to purchase your bow in a poor retail situation rather than buy it from someone who may actually help you. Its complete crap in this day and age. I told them right to their face that I don't sell bows in areas that have good dealers...I sell bows in areas that either have no dealer or may as well not have a dealer since the guy is an idiot. Their loss...I wonder how many people have bought other brands simply because they simply refused to buy a Mathews from the dealer they are forced to buy from. Kinda like Obamacare...you have no choice and are being forced to buy something from where you are being told to buy it from. The only difference is you can tell them to shove it and buy another brand from people that actually like crossbows..OH..and Bowtech allows internet sales of their crossbows so they are not like Mathews...they atleast have half a clue about how the world works now
Wyvern

1 - 20 of 20 Posts