Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currenty shoot a Martin Hatfield bow. Awesome bow! Just want to know if there are any other Recurve bow shooters that use a leather grip on their bow? I recently purchased some leather material from 3rivers Archery but it doesn't really fit around the handle. The piece of leather measures 5"x7". I didn't return it cause I could probably find another user for it.

But if there are others that do use a leather grip where did you purchase your material? Can you post some pics also!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The only recurves I've had with leather grips have been Morrison and Bears that are LB handled recurves.

·
Registered
439 Posts
batangx said:
I currenty shoot a Martin Hatfield bow. Awesome bow! Just want to know if there are any other Recurve bow shooters that use a leather grip on their bow? snip
But if there are others that do use a leather grip where did you purchase your material? Can you post some pics also!
Thanks in advance!
My hand sweats in warm weather, so I stick on Neet Bow Saddles I buy from http://lancasterarchery.com/shop/
It's made of thin suede leather. # NEE 76000 . Bill G.

·
Registered
47 Posts

I have a Bear Kodiak Mag. the grip is very slanted and angled..whatever you wanna call it lol, but i went to lowes..home depot, anywhere that sales leather, and got some sinew and needles and cut a peice about the right size, then got a leather punch and put holes up and down both sides, sewed it up and stuck it under some hot water, just enough to soak it good, then just rubbed it until it shrunk up enough..and every few days i would do this, and now its great, just dont cut your peice to big but snug enough to feel right. leather shrinks, so this is the way to do it if you want leather on your recurve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts