Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It will probably be the last elk hunt this old guy ever goes on. It's been a rough summer. My mom took sick in April and just passed away 2 weeks ago. I spent all summer running around between nursing homes and the hospital, I didn't even get to uncover my boat. Sometimes you just gotta do what you have to do !! Anyways, the way I figure it, it takes me roughly 6-8 years to draw an elk tag in AZ so the next time I will be either 70 or 72 years old. It will be hard enough this year with all of the physical ailments going on with me right now. Last week I got cortisone shots in both knees to help me out with the walking. The airline wanted $150 each way for my bow case so I shipped Fedex ground. Wonderful people in the local office !! It cost me $60 for 30 lbs insured for $1000. They got it there in 4 days including a redirect. I thought this was great service. It's been since 2005 when I was last drawn. That was elk number 3 for 3. I hope I don't break my lucky streak out there and finish with 4/4 and a decent bull. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it with all my physical problems !!

·
I am the Tin Man!
2,982 Posts
At least I know who got my tag now. Good luck, post pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts