Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I had been having a bit of trouble seeing my pin in my scope. I did some checking and the LP system looks very nice but I don't have that kind of money laying around. But what I did have was the parts need to build something like it. so after a hour or two, here is the finished light system I made for my scope. It has less the $10.00 in parts not counting the 9 volt battery. I am hoping this will help me see the pin when I am shooting. Here are a few photo's of it finished and installed on my sure-loc. it has quick disconnects so I can take it apart in stored it back in the case when I am not shooting.

IMG_0307.jpg
pin with no light
IMG_0302.jpg
Pin with the system turned on
IMG_0303.jpg
IMG_0296.jpg
the on/off switch has a LED as well so it easy to check that you dont leave it on and kill the battery
IMG_0304.jpg

If this is something you are interested in let me know and I will do a how to for this LED system.
Thanks
James
(Arrow1969)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I did one and used a volume type switch to regulate the light. It worked great being able to adjust the amount of light on it. You can buy those at Radio Shack for a few bucks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I'd be interested to know too. Would be a fun project for my sons and I to do.

Thanks, Rod

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
posting for later

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to build another one tomorrow. I will do a complete step by step with photo's and material list of what you will need to build this system. I will post it as soon as I have it finished. I am glad to see that their are some people that I might be able to help out with this. A very nice man told me once that, "this is about archers helping other archers". I am glad to do so. I will PM each of you that have showed interest in a how to as soon as it's posted.
Thanks
James
(Arrow1969)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Subscribed for update.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
great Job I like the disconnect in the cable. On the one I made It connects to the bulb and you it's a bit challenging to disconnect. Because of that I ended up mounting the battery directly to the sight bar. so when I remove the sight the battery and light all come off as a single piece. Having the connecter in wire makes it more flexible allowing for more battery mounting choices. Here is the link to the other thread that shows wiring diagram...
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1321957

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Count me in. What a great project. I'm old enough that this really could help me (not to mention the lighting at our range is pretty bad) :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts