Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I had been having a bit of trouble seeing my pin in my scope. I did some checking and the LP system looks very nice but I don't have that kind of money laying around. But what I did have was the parts need to build something like it. so after a hour or two, here is the finished light system I made for my scope. It has less the $10.00 in parts not counting the 9 volt battery. I am hoping this will help me see the pin when I am shooting. Here are a few photo's of it finished and installed on my sure-loc. it has quick disconnects so I can take it apart in stored it back in the case when I am not shooting.

Vehicle Bumper Auto part
pin with no light

Pin with the system turned on
Automotive lighting
Bmx bike Bicycle motocross Diving equipment
the on/off switch has a LED as well so it easy to check that you dont leave it on and kill the battery
Automotive lighting Technology Fictional character Auto part Vehicle

If this is something you are interested in let me know and I will do a how to for this LED system.
Thanks
James
(Arrow1969)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I did one and used a volume type switch to regulate the light. It worked great being able to adjust the amount of light on it. You can buy those at Radio Shack for a few bucks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd be interested to know too. Would be a fun project for my sons and I to do.

Thanks, Rod

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
posting for later

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am going to build another one tomorrow. I will do a complete step by step with photo's and material list of what you will need to build this system. I will post it as soon as I have it finished. I am glad to see that their are some people that I might be able to help out with this. A very nice man told me once that, "this is about archers helping other archers". I am glad to do so. I will PM each of you that have showed interest in a how to as soon as it's posted.
Thanks
James
(Arrow1969)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Subscribed for update.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
great Job I like the disconnect in the cable. On the one I made It connects to the bulb and you it's a bit challenging to disconnect. Because of that I ended up mounting the battery directly to the sight bar. so when I remove the sight the battery and light all come off as a single piece. Having the connecter in wire makes it more flexible allowing for more battery mounting choices. Here is the link to the other thread that shows wiring diagram...
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1321957

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Count me in. What a great project. I'm old enough that this really could help me (not to mention the lighting at our range is pretty bad) :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts