Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys tell me what your thoughts on this subject are. i currently shoot an x force ss . left handed 28 dl 70#. i decided its time to buy a new bow, i have narrowed my search down to three bows the evo max, omen max, and the dna.i have been to four pse dealers and not one has a left handed bow for me to look at. i keep gettin the same response from the guys at the pro shops "i have a right handed one if you want to shoot that". why in the world would i want to shoot a right handed bow if im not right handed. im really startin to think pse dosent give a crap about left handed shooters .

·
Registered
663 Posts
I feel your pain. It is not with just PSE, left handed bows are hard to come by. I also know people shoot right handed bows even though they should be shooting a lefty. Probably cause the store sold them what they had right handed bows. I have purchased 6 left handed bows and not a one did I get to shoot before buying it. I had to order them all based on the specs, reviews and watching videos. Crazy right? I am used to going to a shop or sports store and seeing 1 or 0 left handed bows. Wish it wasn't that way.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I alway shoot a right handed bow left handed when I'm shopping around. It's not exactly the same, but I can at least get the feel of the draw cycle and vibe before I buy one.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Def not a PSE thing, all of them pretty much do this. It's not really the shops fault, they are kind of caught in a rough spot. They don't get nearly as many left handed shooters as they do right handed shooters so they don't want to order a lot of stock and then possibly get stuck with it not being able to sell it. The manufacturers also don't ramp up production of left handed stock till later in the year, trust me I know this first hand(still waiting on a lefty PSE Stinger 3G ordered in Feb., the shop called them again and now they say it should be 3 weeks to their door. I'll believe it when I have it in my hot little hands).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dunno, I disagree that it's not the shops fault. Something like 29% of the population is right handed, but left eye dominant. I've yet to walk into a shop that has even a single left shot flagship model from each of the vendors they sell. It's usually 100+ bows in stock, and only 4 of which are left shot (usually left overs and/or starter like a Craze). I've been at shop after shop where people walk in and are told to "just wear an eye patch" or "it's fine to shoot right". Having said that I do understand that PSE dropped the ball this year and screwed all the left shot peeps out there that want one of their new offerings (DNA, Prophecy, Sinistar, etc..). But PSE is just one company and all of them offer left shot, it's just the dealers refuse to put the extra work in to get them. If you're a dealer and not selling 2-3 bows left shot for every 10 right shot bows you customers are going elsewhere.

·
Registered
12,169 Posts
Those customers are going nowhere actually = ) But yea hard to blame the vendors when they could get stuck with a lefthand bow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nowhere eh, so what all the left shot peeps just don't buy bows lol? The only new bow I bought from a shop was for my fiancée and her daughter who are both right shot. The past 3 new bows I bought for myself and my daughter I bought off ebay, all left shot. I went to every local shop, none of them had anything for us so I just ordered them online. Don't kid yourself

·
Registered
103 Posts
Def not a PSE thing, all of them pretty much do this. It's not really the shops fault, they are kind of caught in a rough spot. They don't get nearly as many left handed shooters as they do right handed shooters so they don't want to order a lot of stock and then possibly get stuck with it not being able to sell it. The manufacturers also don't ramp up production of left handed stock till later in the year, trust me I know this first hand(still waiting on a lefty PSE Stinger 3G ordered in Feb., the shop called them again and now they say it should be 3 weeks to their door. I'll believe it when I have it in my hot little hands).
I walked into Bass Pro and picked my lefty Stinger off the shelf that day. Sucks you have to wait so long.

·
Usually Quiet
969 Posts
My dealer shoots left handed and stocks left handed bows. Even though I shoot right handed, it only seems smart to take care of all your customers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Shot my new LH 2012 Freak (70#, 31.5" DL) yesterday...most excellent! Very comfortable/natural to shoot. I even hit the paper 90% of the time! This was my first-time with a bow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts