Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,576 Posts
If your bow is center shot and you use a release, I can't see where it should make any difference. I shot right-handed with right offset. I now shoot left-handed with right offset. The arrows fly at least as good as before.

· Time Flies
13,298 Posts
Offset

Shooting with a left offset will give you the tendency for your points to loosen. If you were to fletch with a right helical or offset, the arrow would be spinning opposite to the direction of the threads that hold your tips in, hence tightening them. Bottom line...makes no difference.

· Registered
55,441 Posts
Shooting with a left offset will give you the tendency for your points to loosen. If you were to fletch with a right helical or offset, the arrow would be spinning opposite to the direction of the threads that hold your tips in, hence tightening them. Bottom line...makes no difference.
That's an old wifes tail. If points are not tight doesn't matter right or left they will come loose. I use string wax on my point threads and they don't come loose. All my arrows are left helical.;)

· Registered
15,839 Posts
I shoot left handed and it doesn't make any difference unless you are a finger shooter. It might make some difference then. As far as the points come loose, I do believe left hand spiral has this effect. If you loc-tite them on you don't have any problem at all.:smile:

· Registered
55,441 Posts
I shoot left handed and it doesn't make any difference unless you are a finger shooter. It might make some difference then. As far as the points come loose, I do believe left hand spiral has this effect. If you loc-tite them on you don't have any problem at all.:smile:
Instead of using loc tite try using just plain old string wax on the threads and just finger tighten them, has worked for me over 30 years.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.