Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to buy new sight to go with my new left handed bow that just came in and I was wondering which sights are both left and right handed. Are the big names like trophy ridge and fuse interchangeable between left and right handed or do I have to specifically request a left handed sight.

·
Banned
910 Posts
most multi-pin hunting sights are amberdexterous. you might end up with the level(if so equipped) on the top and the adjstments on the opposite end, no big deal. Now Trophy Ridge and sights with pins that come up from the bottom might be a different story.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
most

as fas as i know you have to specify. we deal with a few different ones and they have RH and LH. just got to mention which you need. unless you don't mind having the level on top of the pin guard

speed

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
moose

be me to it.....

speed

·
Registered
36 Posts
Switch it yourself...

Most can be switched by the user. My Sure-Loc came righty and I switched it myself. I also have a truglo xtreme micro adjust that I set up for lefty. I was actually getting ready to sell it. Brand new condition...If you are interested pm me. I dont wanna turn this into a classified ad

·
mmmmm.......beer!
1,555 Posts
On sights with multiple colored fiber optic pins, I have found that if you flip over a right handed sight to use left handed that you end up with the not so bright pins on top (such as the red) and the brighter pins (green/yellow) on the bottom.

I prefer to have my brightest pin on the top instead of the bottom as I will not be shooting long distances in low light conditions.

I would recommend getting a sight that is left hand specific.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Left Handed sights

Copper John "Dead Nuts" Series can be converted to LH by the user, the bubble level will stay on the bottom, the brighter pins can be arranged however the shooter likes. Just peel the Orange ring off the one side, call the factory 315.258.9269 for another and install on the opposite side and you are set to go.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had a RH set of sights flipped over for a while. I got sick of the bubble on top and red pin first so I ordered a Sword Apex 3rd Plane from speedcam. Light years better than what I had. You should definatly go w/ a LH specific sight.

Greg

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I tried the ambidextrious route with sights, and fiinally picked up a LH specific Copper John Dead Nuts Hunter. It didn't cost me any more than the RH ones, but even if it had been a little more, it would be worth $5 not to be messing with the level, the pins, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for advice everybody. I'm currently looking at a fuse 300 and a trophy ridge micro matrix, does anybody know much about these for lefties.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts