Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left helical/Right helical/Straight Can someone please explain

Ok as the title states, Left helical/Right helical/Straight can someone please explain to me what the difference is between the 3 or at least point me in the right direction. Should i use something other then Straight? Thanks. Chris :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
helical is where the vane or feather is glued to a shaft in a slight "S" shape for better spin in the arrow most use a right helical because a left spins the arrow in the other direction and can make youre points loosen.a straight fletch is what it says straight in line with the shaft .i perfer a straight with a heavy offset wich is a straight fletch going slightly across the shaft left to right

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
helical is where the vane or feather is glued to a shaft in a slight "S" shape for better spin in the arrow most use a right helical because a left spins the arrow in the other direction and can make youre points loosen.a straight fletch is what it says straight in line with the shaft .i perfer a straight with a heavy offset wich is a straight fletch going slightly across the shaft left to right

Interesting, thank you for the info.

Can you shoot a left or right helical out of a WB?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
yes most use a right helical so there points dont loosen. glad i could help:wink:shoot me a pm if you have any other q's i may be able to help with

1 - 5 of 5 Posts