• left handed

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • right handed

Votes: 19 63.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I would say right handed Javi,that way before you cut loose,you can point to the sky with your left hand ,just like the "Babe" did...:D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I like the right handed when hunting yardbirds with a primative weapon, such as my old Loisville Slugger:) The heads come off better and are more stable in flight:D IMHO Happy Swinging!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
having hunted yard birds for years...with a variety of weapons....from primitive to modern.....I consider myself a self appointed expert on the subject....I mostly swing right handed but one thing that I have learned is that the ole trophy yard birds may attack at any time from any direction....so one must practice with both swings and be ready..."endeavor to persevere"!

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
LMAO:D Kildog, In Mt we carry big pistols for bear attack backup. Pepper spray is for SEASONING, before DINNER!:D Any way would "The Club" (that I have left over from my stolen car) be a good left handed backup for the Trophy Class Attacking Yardbirds?:confused: I need your help......would hate to get pecked to death.:p

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
In a few more years, it won`t matter which way you swing. Thank`s to you and Kildog inventing that newfangled slingmuzzygun, good oldfashioned yardbird hunting will be a thing of the past!;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
either way

i am armodaxtras if i didn't spell that righ, i mean i can use both hands equally the same. but i favor my left hand for some reason i like it batter writting or batting a baseball, i was the first quarterback in our town that people have ever seen throw a football with both hands.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
hollowpoint ...save that club!! I don't think they are legal now but there is legislation that may allow them in the future!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
When are you all going to start beliving in the Olddog????.......Let me ask the questing......What Hemisphere are you in? It will make the difference on the dam% bat........:D :D :p

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Kildog, I dont think its legal to shoot Grizz in self defence either. Let alone seasoning them with pepper spray.:p But on such violent critters as yardbirds and bears we may have to bend the rules.:D Just a LIL' Bit:eek: 'Sides what am I gonna do with my club?

·
Registered
113 Posts
K......here is the answer to which direction of fletch you should use. Keep in mind that you can not do the actual fletch until you have figured out where you will put your tree stand up in the timber. This is all an ODDS thing. If you place your stand in a spot where you are on a trail (hopefully),,,notice which side of the stand you will be most likely to shoot. If the trail is to the right, then fletch to the right and bisa-versa..If the trail is strait in front of you, then I would go with a strait fletch. Where it gets tricky is when they sneak up from behind you, remeber there is alwys an exception.....do not fletch your shaft BACKWARDS. Personally, I would try to face that buck and go with a strait fletch. So the bottom line is......I would try to have a variety of different set-ups in your quiver for anything that may happen. Hope this helps!!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Neither. I whack em straight down.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I suggest we rename Archerytalk.com to ChickenTalk.com. Anybody out there willing to stick their neck out there and agree with me in order to be certified?

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Arkie, Could we have a "Chicken Talk .com" Hunt on a high fenced (narrow & short) ranch for Hogs AND Yardbirds?:p Anything goes.....X-Bows, Louiville Sluggers, My old club, and don't forget the new (PATTENT PENDING) Slingmuzzygun!:D I'd love ahunt with EGGS for breakfast, Ham for lunch and Pork Chops for dinner.:) LES' DO IT!.....SWING STRAIT!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You left out the Hunting naked with spears part. Come join us and you'll never forget us either. Don't know if that is good or bad? You'll have to ask Kildog that one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts