Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i give up need a little assistance i have a newberry sabre set at 65 pounds and i keep gettin a left tear even with a bare shaft i have moved the rest a little right to see and it did not change lowered the bow poundage still nothing sparyed the arrow to check for fletch nothing please help im going bald trying to figure it out

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Before beginning to do any flight tuning you need to insure that the bow is correctly tuned, Ie Draw length, Brace height, A to A Centershot, cam lean, etc..

Are you right handed or lefty? Do you use a release or fingers? What distance are you doing the Paper Tuning? Have you eliminated the possibility that you are torquing the bow?

Assuming (I hate to ) that you are right handed and that you use a release and you start paper tuning at close range (3 to 6 feet) and that you are not torquing the bow, move the rest to the left to correct left tear. After attaing good tear up close, move back to about 5 yards and recheck . Fine tune if necessary at this distance and all should be good,

When adjusting for paper tuning, start close (3 to 6 feet) and move the rest (same as front sight on a gun) in direction of tear (left for left tear) or up for high tear.

If using the nocking point to adjust vertical tear it is like the rear sight of a gun ( move opposite direction of tear) ie raise nocking point to correct for low tear.

If you absolutely cannot get desired paper tear you may be like a friend of mine. He has a constant left tear caused by his hand position on grip. His Dad shoots Bullet holes with sons bow and I also shot bullet holes with it. My friend also shoots 300 indoor 5 spot and Vegus rounds and I cannot shoot that well ever.

ACCURACY IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN A BULLET HOLE TEAR !!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info i do shoot release i have intentionally torqued the bow and rip dont change i have been tuning from around 6 feet away axle checked ok tiller ok brace ok the arrrow at 30 yards is mule kicking left i can see it but groups great i just wanna fine tune this thing my comp bow shoots bullets but i just cant seem to dial this bad bow in it has me frustrated ill try moving the rest more left see if that cures it. thanks for the info again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts