Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it really make a difference if you are fletching with a streight clamp without helical? I am offsetting my 3" feathers very slightly.

I was told to only use left wing feathers since I am a right handed shooter.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It really doesn't matter if you use left wing or right wing as long as what ever you go with you stay with because you certainly don't want to get them mixed up together in your quiver. I personally prefer right wing, reason being - I just felt that once the arrow hits the target, by spinning to the right /clockwise, it would help keep my arrow tips tight and not wanting to loosen up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
it dose not matter as long as you use a stright clamp and some offset to get the arrow to recover the only time it matters is if you use a hel. clamp left wing left clamp same for rigth has nothing to do if you are rh/lh its what wing they came off the bird good luck and good shooting.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I shoot 5" RW feathers most the time. I shot a dozen lefts and could not tell any difference in Impact point. The only problem you might have is that if your rest is set to clear on RW, the LW's might make contact without some minor adjustments to the rest (and) or rotate your knocks. Happy shootin:)

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Right or left only matter if using a helical clamp or shooting off the shelf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts