Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some input on target release aids for a lefty. Do most of the Carters work fine for us and are there things to look out for when buying? There seems to be so many different styles out there. I plan to use a D-loop, so what are some of your suggestions? Are Tru- Balls reversible and how is their Cappy Boss and Pro Diamond?
Would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Most of the releases will work both ways (Left or right). If possible, try some of them out to find the one that fits you. I use a Tru-Ball Chappy Boss & really like it. Stay with a known brand & you can't go wrong, i.e. Tru-Ball, Zenith, Carter, Stanislawski. Hope this info helps you out, Andy.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Another lefty vote for the Chappy Boss

I am also left handed and shoot a TruBall Chappy Boss release with the Talon head. to me the advantage of the TruBall releases is the swivel head. The head position can be turned so that when at full draw the string isn't twisted as with most other releases. It is an excellent release and has super adjustability as well as fact that it trigger pressure is not effected by the load applied by higher draw poundage. There are many quality releases on the market today and TruBall is one of the best of the best.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Lefty here

And using ALL Carter fine release aids!!:D

·
Bonehunter
8,843 Posts
I use a Truball Ultra Extreme w/wrist strap with no problems. Converted to lefty - switch thumb knob to other side and you are ready to go.

Thanks to advice from AT members - the best release that I've used. Also helped with target panic and some punching problems. GREAT RELEASE !!!

There are alot of good releases available - test them and see which ones YOU like.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts