Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to review and let everyone share their thoughts on Legend Archery Recurve Backpacks.

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on Legend Archery's Diamond Pack and I have had it for a few months, but before I wrote about it I wanted some real world use first.

Review:

Like most things from Legend Archery the Diamond Pack's quality is superb! I have been using the USA streamline for over a year and have taken it everywhere with me. Yes all of my gear fit in the Streamline without any fuss at all and the backpack held up to my abuse. It still looks new to this day and I have been very happy with it. The only thing was that I needed a bit more room since I have a 27" riser and don't use a hard case unless I am flying. The Diamond Pack is bigger with more room to store stuff and it easily fits a 27" Hoyt Ion-X and two sets of limbs. The zippers are weatherproof and I will say they held up in the rain well to keep my gear dry. The arrow tube has an enclosed zipper cover to keep it way more secure and out of the elements. The front pouch has a nifty place where the sight can be stored and makes packing the main part even easier. I have not taken care of the Diamond Pack and it too still looks new. Partly due to the material used is more robust and weatherproof with a bottom made of rubber to protect it more. The side pockets have a space on one side for your side bars and the bow stand on the other side. That made it easier to pack as well. The shoulder harness has even more padding and it also has a waist belt that helps carry the weight of everything even better.

Overall I have to admit that the recurve backpack in general is one of the best ideas ever and Legend Archery sure has made a variety of packs for you to choose from. But the quality for the dollar is by far the best part. The Diamond Pack is not dirt cheap, but unless you need a hard case for air travel, it carries everything you need just fine and carries very well. Legend certainly has my attention and I recommend their stuff to everyone!

I attached a few pics of the pack to get some views and opinions on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had a few people ask me where to get the pack or more information on it. To help just click the link below and hopefully it helps answers more of your questions. I am more than willing to answer any questions about Legend Archery gear especially the packs since I have so many different ones I use. Thanks again for looking at this review! Cheers!

http://legendarchery.com/collection...-packs/products/archery-backpack-diamond-pack

·
Registered
34 Posts
My (first and last) Legend backpack was rendered useless in short order due to the zips displacing under only slightly more than normal use. Everything's a dream until you operate them slightly off-angle or too quickly...I think zips are the achilles heal of anything like this and I avoid them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My (first and last) Legend backpack was rendered useless in short order due to the zips displacing under only slightly more than normal use. Everything's a dream until you operate them slightly off-angle or too quickly...I think zips are the achilles heal of anything like this and I avoid them.
Did you contact Legend about it? I know that the materials used on my new bags are way better quality than in the past. I have other packs with the same issue you mentioned from other brands. Keep in mind Legend has a 2 year warranty.

Thanks for the honest input!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you contact Legend about it? I know that the materials used on my new bags are way better quality than in the past. I have other packs with the same issue you mentioned from other brands. Keep in mind Legend has a 2 year warranty.

Thanks for the honest input!!!
Its outside the 2-years now and I was a fool not to return it for a refund at the time. To my mind having medium-duty zips making those kinds of radiuses and being folded back on themselves to access compartments is asking for trouble, regardless of the quality of the manufacture, but I appreciate there are limited options in the balance of convenience and cost.

In the end I went for a more robust solution which I doubt I will need to replace.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Its outside the 2-years now and I was a fool not to return it for a refund at the time. To my mind having medium-duty zips making those kinds of radiuses and being folded back on themselves to access compartments is asking for trouble, regardless of the quality of the manufacture, but I appreciate there are limited options in the balance of convenience and cost.

In the end I went for a more robust solution which I doubt I will need to replace.
Hi,

Can you contact us (info at legendarchery.com) ? We will help you solve the problem.

Legend.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi,

Can you contact us (info at legendarchery.com) ? We will help you solve the problem.

Legend.
Now that's customer service! Thanks for chiming in Legend Archery!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, they asked me to get in touch - and I have - but no response or actual 'service' yet. To be honest, I'm not in need of a repair or replacement so whatever they have in mind would be wasted on me (perhaps we can work together for someone else's benefit though).

I was talking to another archer today about carting stuff around. His archery-specific backpack (make unknown) was no longer usable because - you guessed it - the zips had failed.

I bought my backpack 4 years ago when I started in the sport but now being committed to it at a reasonably high level they don't suit my needs - there's no way I'd trust one to baggage handlers, for example.

Of course, other archers have had no problems with theirs so I wouldn't want to be totally negative on the concept: backpacks are super-convenient, but being a heavy user (not necessarily heavy-handed, just a hard-working, competitive archer) I seem to find the weak spots quickly. If they got rid of the zips completely I'd take another look.

·
Registered
38,292 Posts
Well, they asked me to get in touch - and I have - but no response or actual 'service' yet. To be honest, I'm not in need of a repair or replacement so whatever they have in mind would be wasted on me (perhaps we can work together for someone else's benefit though).

I was talking to another archer today about carting stuff around. His archery-specific backpack (make unknown) was no longer usable because - you guessed it - the zips had failed.

I bought my backpack 4 years ago when I started in the sport but now being committed to it at a reasonably high level they don't suit my needs - there's no way I'd trust one to baggage handlers, for example.

Of course, other archers have had no problems with theirs so I wouldn't want to be totally negative on the concept: backpacks are super-convenient, but being a heavy user (not necessarily heavy-handed, just a hard-working, competitive archer) I seem to find the weak spots quickly. If they got rid of the zips completely I'd take another look.
Durability does seem to be an issue with archery back packs. Fabric fraying and pulling through the seams was a problem for my Aurora archery backpack (which is like the Hoyt back pack) - not a surprise as it seems to be made with inferior materials, such as the kind of plastic coated nylon I associate with cheap Chinese luggage. However, the new Easton recurve backpack seems to be made of of higher quality materials. I'm underwhelmed by the utility of the Easton, but the construction seems to be top notch - which it should be for the price.

·
Registered
492 Posts

I find that really strange as I never received any email from you. How and when did you get in touch ?
This is my email : info at legendarchery.com

·
Registered
34 Posts
I find that really strange as I never received any email from you. How and when did you get in touch ?
This is my email : info at legendarchery.com
Hmm, strange indeed, I sent an email to that address on 22nd - attached an image of the broken zip...I'll try again now. [update: just sent]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just to close the circle here: Benoit from Legend got in touch with generous recompense to the issues I had with my original ProTour backpack (not for my benefit as I'm sorted out but we agreed on a better plan to reward a deserving junior at my club).

In short, outstanding customer care from Legend and much appreciated.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just to close the circle here: Benoit from Legend got in touch with generous recompense to the issues I had with my original ProTour backpack (not for my benefit as I'm sorted out but we agreed on a better plan to reward a deserving junior at my club).

In short, outstanding customer care from Legend and much appreciated.

Thank you. We will always try our best to make our customers happy, this is the least that we can do as they trusted us and supported us.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd love to write a review on my legend Bow case...but I have to wait till it comes from China. Can't wait to get it when it does get here though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts