Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now i am confused i measured my recurve and it is 51 and a 1/4 inchs long but the factor says that it is 54 inchs long so wicth one is right ? thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
the 54" amo measurement is taken when unstrung,,,measured from tip to tip along the belly i think. someone will soon come along and correct me if i'm wrong(probably dwayne or viper).

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the way i measuerd it was when it was unstrung and from tip to tip when the tips face away from u down in front of the riser and it said 51 and 1/4 inchs
so i dont know i am shooting a compound but i sent it to the factor and i need to get a string for it so i can still shoot.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so i dont know i am shooting a compound but i sent it to the factor and i need to get a string for it so i can still shoot.[/QUOTE]

sorry i ment i string for my recurve.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
What model bow is it? Without knowing, the safest bet is to order a 54"AMO string (50" actual length) of Dacron. To measure your bows length accurately you would need a tape ran along the belly from nock to nock along the curve of the belly, not in a straight line, but in reality that length means very little, go by the AMO length the bowyer listed for string length.

·
2nd Amend. Don't lose it
21,775 Posts
Usually measured alone the back side of the bow...tip to tip along the curvature... It should be about the same on the front side too, long the curvature. 4" short is about the standard, but it is best to look at that as a starting point. Brace height will vary between people. It it is too low, it will slap you silly, and make it less forgiving.

Go with what Vermonster said... 50" to start out with. if possible try one before you buy....Take one off another recurve if possible.

Dwayne

1 - 9 of 9 Posts