Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
I use a center drilled lens, so technically my pin is behind the lens.

-Adam

·
Resident Philosopher
11,625 Posts
If the pin is behind(toward the front of the bow) the lense on a Black eagle....isn't the housing on backwards ??:confused:

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm shooting a "backwards" Viper with the lens behind the pin. I see no difference except the level is much easier is see with peripheral vision. If I use it forward, I must focus on the level.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
You want to magnify the target....not your pin....

The fiber should go infront of the lens.

But like Adam I shoot a center drilled lens :wink:

·
Banned
921 Posts
Pin in front

Had a viper scope with the pin behind the lens and got total distorsion.

In some instances the pin appears to be double.

So I agree with the Hornet pin in front of lens that way there is no distorsion.

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
Had a viper scope with the pin behind the lens and got total distorsion.

In some instances the pin appears to be double.

So I agree with the Hornet pin in front of lens that way there is no distorsion.
I think you will find that this is going to depend on everyones vision disposition... I am far sighted with Astigamatism, but I wear contact lenses to correct. With the pin in front of the lense it's terrible for me....

I think it boils down to doing some testing on your own to find what works best. I personally use a center drilles lens with a .019" fiber.

-Adam

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
With a center drilled lens and the fiber protruding towards you, isn't the focal point in front of the lens?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I have always kept my pin in front of the lense in case I'm caught in the rain and need to remove my lense my point of impact doesn't change.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
I have always kept my pin in front of the lense in case I'm caught in the rain and need to remove my lense my point of impact doesn't change.
+1....and as stated above you want to magnify the target not your pin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts