Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Wondering Whats Easier To Aim With A Up Pin In A Lens Or A Lens With A Fiber In The Middle. I Am Just Trying To Get Into Shooing With A Scope So Any Help Pleas. Oh One More Thing Which Is Better Viper Scopes Or Classic Scopes Just Curious.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I don't know about anyone else but I like a down pin. The problem I have had with a fiber in lens type scope is when it rains it can be tough to see your target. With the up/down pin you can remove the lens if necessary and still have something to aim with.

Viper makes a good scope.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Viper does make a good scope, but i must recommend Extreme also. Seeing as how i kinda shoot one...But anyways, the scope housing has the ability to be anything you need. You can put a lens in with the fiber op in the middle, or just a lense and put a pin in up through the bottom. Same housing. AND it allows for an LED too. You can also buy sun shades, and replacement parts are easy to come by, as far as i know. I would recommend the through the glass pin, seeing as how you have a larger feild of veiw (FOV). But AT X has a point about rain, go with whatever you like best, thats most important!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I prefer the up pin over a drilled lens. It is harder to clean a drilled lens because of the chance of breaking the fiber. I have the Classic sopes on my setups. There fiber and fiber holder are the best. On my Classic Magnum scope the same fiber has been in it for 3 years without breaking.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
yeh but Mark remember you haven't shot it much, bum shoulder., hows it going pal

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
OK I will take that back- how about 2.5 years and still have not broke the fiber. I have started shooting again as of 9-1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts