Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am toying with my 3D setup, going from 6X lense to no lense. The only reason that I don't like my lense is that I have'nt found a combo with lense and peep that gives me great clarity, ample brightness, and an overall good sight picture. What set-ups are you guys shooting? I kind of like the scope with no lense, but it is sometimes difficult to positively know that you are aiming at the 12 ring, or the 14, and so on. I realize that this is just part of 3D, but I would like to optimize my ability to do this. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
shoot s lower power lense and you shouldnt have a problem with how clear your sight picture is.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Many shoot large dia. scope with 4X lens and relatively small peep aperture. Outdoors, this provides adequate light transmission and lens clarity. Unless you have unusual eyesight, you won't likely be able to see the scoring lines unless you step up to more power and a clarifier, but this will usually require a lot of experimenation to find a good solution.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many shoot large dia. scope with 4X lens and relatively small peep aperture. Outdoors, this provides adequate light transmission and lens clarity. Unless you have unusual eyesight, you won't likely be able to see the scoring lines unless you step up to more power and a clarifier, but this will usually require a lot of experimenation to find a good solution.
This is what I have found. Without seeing the scoring lines, I see no advantage to the lense, for me anyways. Thanks for the input.

·
74,535 Posts
Lens

I feel a 3X with a fairly small peep (one that fits your scope housing well) 3/64 gives one good sight picture.

I shoot a 1 3/8" housing.

I dont shoot with a lens and like my fiber not moving at all. :D

Honestly Im seeing many go to a clearfier (1X or 2X)and use the 6X. Seems to be working for them from there scores.
DB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts