Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have a Martin Leopard. it is all set up and i am shooting LOW and to the left. I have moved my peep down and that helped alot but i am still having a problem. I have moved my sight and my Pins down as low as they can go and i am still having a problem. it is a 60# bow and is backed off to about 47 pounds (i am working on getting up to 60# I crank it about 2 pounds every two weeks) but i can not seem to figure out how to get it to where i can finally start aiming where i want to and not have to compensate. archery season is coming up and its comiing up fast i need some suggestions on what i can do. your help and suggestions is much appreciated. :teeth:

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
can you post pics of you at full draw ? if your tipping your head to see through the peep, you need to raise it so that standing straight and pulling back the peep comes right in position without moving your head around. this will help you to get your pins up. left shoots move the pins to the left, follow the arrow. I would be nice to see a pic of your form/stance though

·
<--- Finally!!
2,560 Posts
peep

First, if you moved your peep down, the arrow would be hitting lower, raise the peep, hit higher.

You should adjust your peep first so it is comfortable at full draw. Draw back with your eyes closed and anchor. Have someone move the peep so you are looking through it without having to move your head. Measure and tie it in.

After that, you can adjust your sight. Make sure you can shoot at least a 6" group at 20 yards. Move your sight pin in the direction the arrows are missing. If the arrows ar hitting low, lower your sight pin a little. If they are hitting left, move your sight piins left (based on looking at the bow from the string side).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when my bow was first set up it was set to a co workers eye sight or what ever then when i started shooting it when i got home i relized i was not comfy at all when i was shooting so i was compensating i guess would be the right terminology to use so i moved the peep down so i was not compensating to see through the peep, I am working on getting pics so i can post them on here so it could be more help. any ways I will post them on here hopefully by monday. all the help i can get is much appreciated.
Thanks guys :shade:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts