Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned quite a few bows over the years.... I've had Mathews (1), PSE (4), Hoyt (1), Elite (2), New Breed (1) and now Athens.... I've never in my life been a "fanboy" but, now I'm not so sure....

I've always been a little concerned about buying DL specific bows as damn near every bow I've ever had, was always "off" from just a little to 5/8".

I took a "chance" on a Ridge 32 from the classifieds here and this thing is absolutely amazing!!! The problem is, it's too fast for ASA and I'd hate to muck with it to slow it down. So...

I ordered another Athens. I figured I'd shoot it for ASA/Speed limit tourneys for the rest of 2020 and then I'd turn it down for indoor spots.

I ordered a "Tapped Out" Ascent from Titanium Archery Products. (Sam is a great guy to deal with!!!!) I picked it up yesterday and had a bunch of other stuff to do before Softball practice.... I got home from SB late because we had a coaches meeting and figured "I'll just have to tinker with the new bow tomorrow."

I tossed and turned for 2 hours and never even came close to sleeping and finally my wife rolls over and says "go play with that damn bow so I can go to sleep...." I went down in the basement and started putting things together.... a little before midnight, I finally got it to the point where I was ready to send the first arrow down range. I figured I'd shoot it through paper to gauge how much tinkering I'd need to do today....

My first shot was a bareshaft and got a perfect bullet hole.... so I shot a fletched shaft with the same results. I still have a lot of work to do... but, if this is an indication of things to come, I'm gonna be putting up some good numbers with this bow too!!!!

Ascent.jpg
Ascent_UV2.jpg
Ascent bulletholes.jpg

2020 Athens Ascent 28.5"/65#
Smacdown bars (27/12)
Black Eagle PS26 (the bullet holes in the picture were with my PS23s, the PS26s should be delivered today)
Shrewd 20* offset mount... (this might be changed out as 20* might be a little too much)
Hamskea Hunter Pro Micro
Hamskea Insight Peep
Axcel Carbon Acheive
UV2 kit (drilled lens and blue fiber)

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Athens are phenomenal bows. Definitely one that sneaks under the radar of alot of people, but those that shoot them, usually end up buying them... Alot of them, lol!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Mark
5,699 Posts
I’ve heard good things about Athens no shops in my area carries them.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve heard good things about Athens no shops in my area carries them.
I'm on my second Athens.... Their DL is spot on!!!! So if you know your actual DL, you can either order directly from the factory and they will ship to your house or... Reach out to Titanium Archery Products and order through him!!! He'll ship the bow to you.

If you order through TAP, you get the upgraded string stop and cable guide for the same price as a new bow from the factory.

If you want to try before you buy, I'd recommend going on the website and look for an "Athens Ambassador" in your area. There was a guy near me that was willing to drive an hour to meet me so I could shoot his bows before deciding on my purchase!!!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Something so satisfying about staring at that last pic

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!!! I'll be heading to the range tonight to shoot in a sight tape and maybe a little 3D practice.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Good looking rig. I contemplated Athens and was scared of Cam specific DL. Glad to hear they are spot on. I do wish they made a 37" ATA Ridge. Again, nice looking rig.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Good looking rig. I contemplated Athens and was scared of Cam specific DL. Glad to hear they are spot on. I do wish they made a 37" ATA Ridge. Again, nice looking rig.

I like the looks of that riser better, as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The 2020 Models are module based for DL. I bought a 28.5"/65# bow and both are EXACTLY on according to my LCA Digital scale and my drawboard!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts