Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I sit 300+ feet on a tower waiting for a tech to get back to met I was pondering archery lol. What let off does everyone like for hunting, and what critters u hunting. I’m hunting whitetail and moose so I am debating 80-85% bomar stops. Let’s hear ur thoughts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Where for moose? Some places like CO and MT don't allow anything over 80% letoff. I had to get 80% (85% was stock) mods for my Axius Ultra to go to MT, but I prefer slightly less letoff anyways so I was happy to make the change.

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My thoughts are that you’re going to have a pretty extreme shot from any angle setting your stand up that high..but at least you’re invisible to deer lol. I like 75% let off, keeps me honest
Haha use my 100 yard pin?

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where for moose? Some places like CO and MT don't allow anything over 80% letoff. I had to get 80% (80% was stock) mods for my Axius Ultra to go to MT, but I prefer slightly less letoff anyways so I was happy to make the change.
Edmonton alberta which I do not believe is a issue there for let off I’ll double check

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahahahah

·
Registered
284 Posts
Definitely gonna get skyline being that high, although I'm curious, what's your climbing method? LW Sticks?? :p

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
great view up there.

I like 75 to 80% for hunting. Less for spots

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely gonna get skyline being that high, although I'm curious, what's your climbing method? LW Sticks?? :p
Ahhaahahhahaha beast sticks mix’s with lone wolf and xop

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
All my bows are 65% and I dont want more then that, when time comes to upgrade to a new year model bow and there isn't any 65% let off bows on the market, i will give up vertical and go crossbow.

·
Registered
954 Posts
If you are interested in getting a trophy into the Pope & Young club they have a 65% let-off rule but anything higher they will let you in but put an asterisk next to your name. This is the last I heard, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I would not be thinking about anything but needing a toilet to collect the pee from being at that height.....oh and I shoot %85 letoff

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you are interested in getting a trophy into the Pope & Young club they have a 65% let-off rule but anything higher they will let you in but put an asterisk next to your name. This is the last I heard, I could be wrong.
That’s crazy

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would not be thinking about anything but needing a toilet to collect the pee from being at that height.....oh and I shoot %85 letoff
hahah it’s all the same after 50’ you don’t bounce

Reactions: 8025952

·
Registered
11,704 Posts
Mine are all 70% & being a very old man see no reason for more (3 Dartons). That being said, I had a shop/lanes when compounds became the craze & 20% was tops.. Scaling many compounds in those early days it was more like 15% & we though we were in heaven. Then 40%, then 50% (I still have a 50% Darton WH600). I have killed Caribou, Elk, Hogs & Deer with it..

Reactions: Benjamin59

·
Premium Member
Elite Enkore (2021), QAD Ultra Rest HDX, EZ-V Sight, PSE Drive (2013)
103 Posts
Nice hunting stand. I think that is gonna change your yardage. ;-)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts