Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shooting my Diamond Black Ice at 52#, 75% letoff, holding ~12.5 pounds. Now shooting my HTR at 50#, 85# letoff, holding ~7.5#. I shoot indoor spots. It may be that I just need to get used to the new HTR, but it feels like the very low holding weight (7.5#) makes it more difficult for me to hold my usual/expected pin float when aiming. I can’t crank the weight up much (50lb bow) but could get the 75 or even 65% mods. What do you guys think about trying the lower letoff mods?

·
'13 KTM 450 SX FE
2,267 Posts
I prefer 70-75% because of what your describing. I personally would by different mods.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Yup, get the 75% mods. Made a world of difference for me.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
There is a reason the top archers in the world shoot lower let off. High letoff is for the birds, just no real benefit to it.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, get the 75% mods. Made a world of difference for me.
Is the valley the same for the 75 as the 85% mods, or is it different, perhaps shorter on the 75%? I know some bows with adjustable draw stops will decrease letoff by shortening the valley (and the draw length). I just don’t know what else changes, if anything, with the different % letoff Mathews rock mods?

·
Registered
9,049 Posts
There is a reason the top archers in the world shoot lower let off. High letoff is for the birds, just no real benefit to it.
There can be a benefit in hunting situations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts