Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a plan for this. First of all all company names are examples and im not picking on any of them!!!!!! Here is my plan.... If the thread is about Winners choice strings and you dont shoot winners choice strings dont post in that thread and vice-versa.Now if you have something nice to say about it then post away but stay away from the "I never have that problem with my BRAND X string". If the thread is about Muzzy broadheads and you shoot something else dont post in that thread "my Brand X broadhead is tougher, better etc. If the thread is about Any Bow company and you shoot a different brand of bow leave that thread alone!!There are plenty of threads that are about YOUR kind of Bow, string, sight, stabilizer, rest and any other archery related product in which your comments are not only welcome they are appreciated! Almost all of the BASHING on AT comes when the thread is about one product and the owner of a rival product starts posting negative posts just to start *****. There are many threads that ask for Opinions on all sorts of things and products and that is your que to voice your opinion on the products you support. If we would all try to follow these simple steps then this site would be ALOT more friendly and the mods would less to do and we would see less closed threads. JMO I say this because I LOVE this site. There are no other archery sites with as much info and a HUGE selection of FREE classifieds. Thanks for looking...... Scott

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
yes! lets all listen to this man! he has the right idea. i am 100% behind this movement. and it is my personal belife that everyone on here follow this.

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
ultramax said:
I have a plan for this. First of all all company names are examples and im not picking on any of them!!!!!! Here is my plan.... If the thread is about Winners choice strings and you dont shoot winners choice strings dont post in that thread and vice-versa.Now if you have something nice to say about it then post away but stay away from the "I never have that problem with my BRAND X string". If the thread is about Muzzy broadheads and you shoot something else dont post in that thread "my Brand X broadhead is tougher, better etc. If the thread is about Any Bow company and you shoot a different brand of bow leave that thread alone!!There are plenty of threads that are about YOUR kind of Bow, string, sight, stabilizer, rest and any other archery related product in which your comments are not only welcome they are appreciated! Almost all of the BASHING on AT comes when the thread is about one product and the owner of a rival product starts posting negative posts just to start *****. There are many threads that ask for Opinions on all sorts of things and products and that is your que to voice your opinion on the products you support. If we would all try to follow these simple steps then this site would be ALOT more friendly and the mods would less to do and we would see less closed threads. JMO I say this because I LOVE this site. There are no other archery sites with as much info and a HUGE selection of FREE classifieds. Thanks for looking...... Scott

Amen to that! :) I have been thinking the same thing all evening! :)

Dick

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Ttt

·
It's where its at!!
1,981 Posts
:thumbs_up :RockOn: :lightbulb :lightbulb :amen: :thumb: :clap2:

Absolutely perfect!!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i have been trying to do that lately, i dont know a thing about MArtin bows, so i dont do any comments, but i may ask about them but that´s different.
im behind this.
But AT have been alot friendlier lately, but let´make it even better

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Great post Ultramax!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Sure would be nice. Threads like this comes up every year. Maybe this year will be different, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I think the only way you could do this is with some very active mods and liberal use of the "delete" button.

·
Registered
971 Posts
sounds cool

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Seems real friendly to me already. :confused:

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
agreed,it is bad to speak negatively about products but saying i like 'my product' better than yours is not bashing someones product . saying 'my buddy had your product and it is trash is bashing someones product . however i agree with your goal .

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm all for stopping the bashing, even though it is sometimes entertaining, but if someone has had a bad experience with a product, i want to hear it before i buy something. i do not consider this bashing. to me, a thread about brand x whatever should not be open only for people to post positive things, but bad experiences, etc. if something is really a bad product, it would be nice to hear this before i buy it. difference of opinion is what makes this and other sites work as well as they do. its just a matter of not crossing the line when giving an opinion and turning it into personal attacks. you know what they say, opinions are like a-holes......everyone's got one!:wink:

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
bobclem said:
I'm all for stopping the bashing, even though it is sometimes entertaining, but if someone has had a bad experience with a product, i want to hear it before i buy something. i do not consider this bashing. to me, a thread about brand x whatever should not be open only for people to post positive things, but bad experiences, etc. if something is really a bad product, it would be nice to hear this before i buy it. difference of opinion is what makes this and other sites work as well as they do. its just a matter of not crossing the line when giving an opinion and turning it into personal attacks. you know what they say, opinions are like a-holes......everyone's got one!:wink:
Well said!!!! I don't try too bash, but sometimes people take it the wrong way, and things can get out of hand.

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,277 Posts
If someone wants nothing but positive feedback and happy thoughts maybe they should hang out at happytime.com or inspirationalmoments.com. I like hearing positive AND negative things about stuff I might want to buy.

·
Registered
838 Posts
bobclem said:
Amen brother...
There's a difference in telling about bad experiences with a product, and bashing.
When I'm researching products on here, I spend a lot of time seperating the two.

Good thread

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Punch_Master said:
If someone wants nothing but positive feedback and happy thoughts maybe they should hang out at happytime.com or inspirationalmoments.com. I like hearing positive AND negative things about stuff I might want to buy.
Me to.:)

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Agrred. I also agree that bad products or service should be broguth to the public's attention, but not by hijacking somebody else's thread. It should be as a new thread all by it's lonesome.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts