Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably about to pull the trigger on a Hoyt Maxxis 31 in black. I'd like to see some pictures of others' blacked out Maxxis bows. What black accessories did you add? Specifically the stabilizer and how do you like it? How is the black finish holding up? Does anybody know if they are powdercoated, dipped, etc? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
There is a really sharp one in the classifieds.....put it on my desktop....that's a dream bow.....do a search for Maxxis 35 in Hunting bows.....Dave

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I will put up a pic when i get her next week!

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
It's a 35, but you get the idea.

The only thing I've done, is to exchange the 180 grip for a wooden one (Whoops...and taken off all the silencing equipment). I believe that the finish is power coated and it holds up pretty well...I had one spot that got a scratch on it and a Sharpie fixed it right up.

X10 stabilizers, CBE Quad Target Click w/ Specialty Archery 6x scope and a 3D Rover rest with a lizard tongue. Still on the original strings after thousands of arrows, but I'll be replacing them with new ones soon.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
thats one sweet looking rig right there and the 35 is probably the best choice for all around shooting.
hows the string stop holding up for ya, any issues?

Tony

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
thats one sweet looking rig right there and the 35 is probably the best choice for all around shooting.
hows the string stop holding up for ya, any issues?

Tony
Thanks!

Truth told, I don't even think about the string stop. The bow is loud, but I've taken all the damping parts off of it. It's just for target, so it's unnecessary.

I bought it, thinking that I'd use it for both, but I still haven't been bow hunting and maybe never will. It's only my second bow and I've only been shooting for 8 months.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Thanks!

Truth told, I don't even think about the string stop. The bow is loud, but I've taken all the damping parts off of it. It's just for target, so it's unnecessary.

I bought it, thinking that I'd use it for both, but I still haven't been bow hunting and maybe never will. It's only my second bow and I've only been shooting for 8 months.
why did you take all the dampening parts off of it to use it just for target?

Tony

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
why did you take all the dampening parts off of it to use it just for target?

Tony
I took the advice of a buddy...not sure how it effects the shot, but when it comes to spots, I don't question his word.:eek: I don't know enough to do that.:eek:

·
Shooter of flesh
7,660 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts