Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see your 3D chairs! Wanting to build one! Need some ideas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Look here for the post 3D chair write up. Its an idea

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
Why do you need a chair for 3D? Every time I shoot 3D I never seen anyone with chair. Do you guys take so much items with you that it's easier to bring a chair and hang on it?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait time while other shoots are shooting. Our local 3D shoot is about a mile long and takes about 3 hrs to shoot with wait times. Sitting down on your chair while waiting your turn is nice.....

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
Wait time while other shoots are shooting. Our local 3D shoot is about a mile long and takes about 3 hrs to shoot with wait times. Sitting down on your chair while waiting your turn is nice.....

Oh wow.Never have to shoot that long at my local 3D. We do have to go uphill and downhill. Also I have to say there is so many trees and bushed around the spot that sometimes is hard to stand next to each other without bumping everyone.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Why do you need a chair for 3D? Every time I shoot 3D I never seen anyone with chair. Do you guys take so much items with you that it's easier to bring a chair and hang on it?
The rinehart shoot two years ago took about 6 hours. I was wishing I had a chair.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I'm with you Outsider I don't see the point but it sure does seem that everybody at the IBO worlds is hauling one around with them. Must be the new fad...but for me i'm not hauling a chair all over the ski mountain with 2 dozen arrows and snacks enough for a tribe of Indians. Just my bow and a small hip quiver with 6 arrows. I guess I just like to travel light especially when a lof of walking is involved...and don't need to sit for a spell between shooters. The extra work hauling the thing is more than what is saved by being able to sit down.

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
I'm with you Outsider I don't see the point but it sure does seem that everybody at the IBO worlds is hauling one around with them. Must be the new fad...but for me i'm not hauling a chair all over the ski mountain with 2 dozen arrows and snacks enough for a tribe of Indians. Just my bow and a small hip quiver with 6 arrows. I guess I just like to travel light especially when a lof of walking is involved...and don't need to sit for a spell between shooters. The extra work hauling the thing is more than what is saved by being able to sit down.
I'm not trying to cause any argument here. Just was wondering since I never seen one carrying the chair except the pro shooters that I have watched on some videos. I'm like you trying to take as less as possible with me. My bow , release , quiver with arrows and binoculars.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I agree!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts

What he said.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I've had several and made several 3D stools for bigger events, but locally I usually use a hip quiver. This year I'm so used to shooting with my hip quiver I'm just gonna take a plain dove stool to set on .

·
Roll Tide
2,687 Posts
Go to an ASA shoot and if you don't own a chair, you will before you go to another one. I was in the same thought process as you guys til my first ASA. There we were standing and waiting on another class to finish their morning round before we could even go onto the range. We were delayed nearly 2 hours from our start time. All there was to do was sit if you had a chair or stand. Then once we got started, we were 4 and 5 shooters per groups. You can only move as fast as the groups ahead of you and behind you. If your group shoots the target fast, then you still have to wait on the group in front of and behind you so you can go score and pull arrows. You can figure on at least 2 to 3 hrs from start to finish to shoot 20 targets with 5 shooters in the groups. There is a lot of waiting between your shots. You can stand, lean, or sit. Most of us prefer to sit. With the added bonus of having a prop for your bow and or a place to lay your binoculars...and maybe a cold drink.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Go to an ASA shoot and if you don't own a chair, you will before you go to another one. I was in the same thought process as you guys til my first ASA. There we were standing and waiting on another class to finish their morning round before we could even go onto the range. We were delayed nearly 2 hours from our start time. All there was to do was sit if you had a chair or stand. Then once we got started, we were 4 and 5 shooters per groups. You can only move as fast as the groups ahead of you and behind you. If your group shoots the target fast, then you still have to wait on the group in front of and behind you so you can go score and pull arrows. You can figure on at least 2 to 3 hrs from start to finish to shoot 20 targets with 5 shooters in the groups. There is a lot of waiting between your shots. You can stand, lean, or sit. Most of us prefer to sit. With the added bonus of having a prop for your bow and or a place to lay your binoculars...and maybe a cold drink.
I've never shot an ASA but I see your point in that case...2 hour delay? I would need a few cold drinks and it wouldn't be waters lol.

·
Socket Man
24,310 Posts
Once you get a 3d stool you will use it every day and at every shoot, they are that awesome. My stool only has a few things in it but the storage area below the seat has my release and binos and allens and a snack and drink. We have shoulder strap to carry it and when you get to a stake in 1 second it is put down and you go over to the stake to guess the yardage. When walking to the target you don't have the arrow quiver catching on trees and arrows falling out when you get on a knee to pull arrows on small targets or judge a line call.

Every day during the week I take it out to my shooting range and I use it to lean my target bow as I go pull arrows and I can lay my release on the seat. I can't imagine not having my stool and having to rely on a quiver, I shoot a quiver when doing the indoor thing but other than that it is the 3d stool.

The best one out there is at lancasters, it is the camo browning one and lancasters put on arrow tubes so it is ready to go.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Rookie :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts