Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of ordering a gorund blind to hunt a few areas that don't have any good trees to hunt out of. Do any of you have the Cabela's full draw 2? How many have had good luck useing them? Looking for all your thoughts on them. Thanks

·
Registered
952 Posts
I just bought the Full Draw 2 a few weeks ago. I haven't hunted out of it yet, but I have set it up in the yard several times and shot out of it a little. It's not as big as the dimensions make it sound! I've only got a 28" draw with 27" arrows and its pretty tight for me. I thought the 84" length would be more than enough, but the walls are angled so you don't get to use all of the floor space. Also, one thing that is deceiving is that the blind is 60" deep and 84" across, not the other way around as the catalog description would lead you to believe. I have to set up kittycorner in order to get enough length, but I shouldn't have any trouble hunting out of it with my 6yr old son in there with me. That was the whole motivation to buy a blind in the first place!

I am keeping it since it seems well built, has 4 large windows to shoot thru across the front, the windows open/close with elastic loops and it seems very sturdy once it's set up. The only velcro is on the shoot-thru screens. As long as you remove the screens you don't want in before getting out in the woods this won't be an issue. Also, even with the angled walls, it is still way bigger inside than any 60"x60" blind I've seen. I don't know how people bowhunt out of those little things!!

My son and I setup a couple of potential blind locations last weekend. I think he's more excited about bow season starting than I am!

Hope this helps and good luck! ... Crayfish

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just bought the Full Draw blind

I like it, but have yet to hunt in it. (It's sitting outside 'airing out' now.) Like the previous post, I like that there is little velcro. The constuction seems decent, way better than my previous blind. All-in-all, I think you get quite a bit for your dollar.

And I actually like the smaller blinds. I can find enough room, and they are easier to cut into a dead-fall or other such cover.

Good luck, enjoy.

GregS

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
I have used plenty of ground blinds over the years both manufactured and natural with great success. Bottom line is to get them to blend in and do it in time for the game animals to get used to them.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
the biggest thing to me is to get them out where they are gonna be hunted from for as LONG as possible before you want to hunt them....otherwise expect a lot of spooky deer unless they blend absolutely perfect...

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
aroflingr said:
the biggest thing to me is to get them out where they are gonna be hunted from for as LONG as possible before you want to hunt them....otherwise expect a lot of spooky deer unless they blend absolutely perfect...
Just be warned about leaving them out. I left a Double Bull out on very private property for one night. Next morning it was gone. I'm talking very private property that I had not had a tresspasser problem on before that I knew of. A lot of money gone, just like that.

On the flip side, I've hunted out of my replacement Double Bull blinds many times with no prior set up. I've had deer spook (even when brushed in) and I've had deer browse within a few yards of the blind (even without any extra brushing in). Every instance is different.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Ive had!!

I've had deer poke their noses right up against the windows!! bad part was it was spring turkey season!!! It all depends when the deer see it!! I had a doe and 2 fawns playing around at 15yds for 10 min before they saw it and then stomp and puff and look hard before they walked off!!
Just like playing the wind, play the angles of trails and areas for ground placement!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts