Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Shootingairborne
10,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who remembers when Cobra had little 4"-6" heavy stabilizers and Easton had the skinner longer stabilizers?????

Anyway back to this.

With shorter 32" ATA and 30" draw minimizing pin float. What seems to be the best for you without back bars? This will be straight up hunting rig.

I'm guessing most would recommend 8"-10" bee stinger style.

Just checking on what y'all are using.

Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
I’d do 10” or longer even. Beestinger has the microhex which I think goes to 10” at the longest. Otherwise look into a 12” wickstick or something. Best bet is to test a couple out and decide. Play with weight as well

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
For a hunting rig I couldn’t see going over 10” for hunting. I put a 6” BeeStinger Hunter Extreme on my 32 ATA Hoyt and it made a very big difference. Any stabilizer I ever get has to have a carbon rod.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I’ve tried a few different lengths on my hunting rigs over the years and the length that suits me best is a 10” bar with 3-5 oz on the end. It’s settled my pin float well and it doesn’t interfere when I’m hunting out of a blind. I become aware of possible clearance issues with anything longer. Probably more mental than anything but I don’t want any unnecessary mental distractions when I’m about to draw on an animal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Shootingairborne
10,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6" to 10" so far anyone else?

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
I am shooting a vertix (30” ata) and have a 30” DL. For a pure hunting bow you really don’t need a stabilizer at all. I am using a small 6” one that really does nothing but gives me a handle for carrying and maybe reducing vibe a little.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I shoot with a 15 out front and a 10 on the side when I was shooting my D350. It balanced that bow really good. pull sting back pin sat like a rock. Pretty nice. With my K34's and Addiction I am only using a 15 out front. I don't need the side bar for balance.

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
If I was running just a single stab it would probably be a 6" Bee Stinger and 3 or 4 ounces of weight.

The set up I like to run is an 8" Stinger with 2 ounces front and a 6" Stinger side bar with 4 ounces. That's on my E32.
Haven't messed around with the other two bows enough to be certain yet.

·
Shootingairborne
10,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All right

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I shoot with a 15 out front and a 10 on the side when I was shooting my D350. It balanced that bow really good. pull sting back pin sat like a rock. Pretty nice. With my K34's and Addiction I am only using a 15 out front. I don't need the side bar for balance.
I use the same setup 15 up front 10 on back bar

·
Registered
678 Posts
I’ve come to like the 15” doinker tactical or beestinger counter slides on my short ata bows. Have one on an Evolve 28 and xplorer SS. I have about 9” on the front and 6” on the back with 2oz wt on the front and 4 on the back. Play with the angle of the bracket a bit and they feel very balanced and nice and compact. Prior to counter slides I was running 10”2oz/6”4oz stabs on both.

·
Proverbs 21:19
9,615 Posts
I've got a 30.5 draw and a couple years ago I ran a 8" Dead Center with a couple of oz on the front and a 10 degree quick connect to give it a little more counter ballance. This was on a 32" at/ 6"bh bow. It worked pretty good but I just like what I get with a back bar vs without.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts